Hacking SuperDump

AMURILLO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a question to ask,i have been using Super Dump 1.3 and have used a 8GB card to copy it onto a dual layer disc,the first 2 parts of the disc read ok on there,then i have to copy the 2 parts to my computer,delete them both off the card then copy the 3rd part,what happens if i copy the same game but with a single layer disc,itll only be about 4.5GB will it lose some of the data

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
aabbccdd said:
Yeah, I noticed that it wouldn't read the second layer of my DVD movie. Yes, I'm using this to rip DVD movies. Anyway, first layer worked just fine, so I know it ripped the movie fine, now I'll just have to revert to 13a and try this again.
Wait...and this works (besides the second layer)? Seriously? Can somebody or tueidj confirm this? Would be pretty neat...(Imagine this + MPlayer-CE (with NTFS) + Movie Store). Realy, if this works, it would be awesome!

(P.s: What about an NTFS-Version, now that the Lib is out? Shouldn't be that hard, or am I wrong? Would be nice if the merging is eliminted this way...)

AMKalmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am running Mac OS X Leopard with Windows XP running through Parallels Desktop 4.
A month or so ago I dumped my Super Smash Bros. Brawl disk onto my 8 Gb "SanDisk cruzer" USB key in 3 parts: 0.bin, 1.bin, and 2.bin. I merged them into an .iso using command prompt (windows) as instructed in this thread. But when I tried opening the file using WinRAR, an error appeared saying "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged."
Recently I decided to download the .iso. Same error.
Today I tried using SuperDump again only this time I merged the files into an .iso using Terminal (mac) as instructed in this thread. Same error.

Surfing the web for help, I came across a site where someone was experiencing a similar problem - they had downloaded a game .iso and got the same error. Several programs were recommended for opening the .iso or converting it or something... I'm not quite sure what the program is for but using this DAEMON Tools Pro I can select my wii.iso file and "Mount Image." Then in My Computer a DVD-ROM shows up in CD Drive (E:). When I try to open that I get "Disk is not Formatted: Windows cannot read the disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows."

Sorry if this has already been covered. I read through most of the thread a long time ago and it helped me solve all my problems regarding this up until this point but I don't remember if anyone had this problem. Any ideas?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii discs are not in a standard format. You would need to install the proper file system drivers (like using NTFS on DOS) for you to be able to see something after mounting with daemon tools.
Those programs that were recommended to use for opening? Use 'em.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I wasn't aware about the bug with cIOS rev14 until recently but does the bug only apply to dual layer discs or does it also affect the last few sectors of a regular single layer disc as well?

Basically, I've dumped a few games recently but I can't remember whether I'd already updated my cIOS to rev14 at the time. Is it safe to assume that you've done a proper 1:1 copy if you don't get any error message? The copies appear to be fine but I don't want to be dumping stuff only to find out later that they're corrupt or something. Is cIOS rev14 not recommended at all with SuperDump or is it only if you get error messages whilst dumping?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
richy said:
Hi guys. I wasn't aware about the bug with cIOS rev14 until recently but does the bug only apply to dual layer discs or does it also affect the last few sectors of a regular single layer disc as well?

Basically, I've dumped a few games recently but I can't remember whether I'd already updated my cIOS to rev14 at the time. Is it safe to assume that you've done a proper 1:1 copy if you don't get any error message? The copies appear to be fine but I don't want to be dumping stuff only to find out later that they're corrupt or something. Is cIOS rev14 not recommended at all with SuperDump or is it only if you get error messages whilst dumping?
cIOSr14 will produce bad dumps for single layer and dual layer games regardless of whether you get an error message or not, with any dumper that you use. You will never get a 1:1 dump of anything (okay, maybe GCN discs...) when using cIOSr14.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. I don't dump discs myself very often but I'll remember to change the cIOS if I do in future.

jensj

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AerialX I have just changed to from cIOS38_rev14 to cIOS38_rev15 but still have the 99% problem. It seems to be the same like on cIOS38_rev14.
Do you have any idea how to proceed? superdumpv1.3 copys a SL game within 35 minutes. cIOS-DVD-Dumper_v1.3 and wiidump151 needs mote than 3 hours. In all cases I'm not sure it's a 1:1 copy. Is there a way to check it?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
jensj said:
AerialX I have just changed to from cIOS38_rev14 to cIOS38_rev15 but still have the 99% problem. It seems to be the same like on cIOS38_rev14.
Do you have any idea how to proceed? superdumpv1.3 copys a SL game within 35 minutes. cIOS-DVD-Dumper_v1.3 and wiidump151 needs mote than 3 hours. In all cases I'm not sure it's a 1:1 copy. Is there a way to check it?
Hash it and compare with the hash for the game on redump.org or a similar site... I don't know about r15 but it was supposed to fix the issue, and the 99% problem may just be a cosmetic bug in superdump.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Wait...and this works (besides the second layer)? Seriously?
Why not? The dumper doesn't care what it dumps, whether encrypted game data or Video data, you get both by dumping 1:1

jensj

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AerialX said:
jensj said:
Hash it and compare with the hash for the game on redump.org or a similar site... I don't know about r15 but it was supposed to fix the issue, and the 99% problem may just be a cosmetic bug in superdump.

THX for your idea. Have compared md5 for the same game between cIOS38_rev14 and cIOS38_rev15 for superdump 1.3. Finally its different.
But comparing superdump 1.3 to DVD-Dumper 1.3 on r15 its the same md5. Unfortunataly, I had no game which is listet on redump.org. Will try to find a game is listed there and try again to be sure.
But maybe you are right, its only a cosmetic bug.

brunz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks a lot for this
biggrin.gif
btw can i plug in my external hardrive into the wii?

Malurth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Having trouble with this.

Outputted 99% as mentioned, from one gamecube file. I decided to run with it, typed in "copy /b 0.bin GAFE.iso" and got an iso that was exactly the right size. I opened it up with Dolphin and got "ERROR: Trying to compile at 0. LR=80005a74" and subsequently "iCacheJIT: Reading OpCode from fffffffc. Please report."

Now before you start saying "maybe it's just one of those games that crashes immediately," well, it's not. It's Animal Crossing, which was marked as green for completely playable. Other games ripped from other programs work fine.

Help?

EDIT: So, I hear it's a bug with cIOS rev14.

Does cIOS rev15 fix this?

DOUBLE EDIT: Apparently not :/

TRIPLE EDIT COMBO: Actually, I did both of those using SuperDump v1.2. Trying with SuperDump v1.3 (with cIOS rev15) right now.

M-M-M-MONSTER EDIT: Nope. That doesn't work. So I either have to temporarily downgrade to cIOS rev13 or use the terribly slow one I had been using that otherwise worked well. Sigh. I hope downgrading to cIOS rev13 is as simple as running the rev13 installer again.

EDITSTREAK LIMIT BREAK: Tried running the cIOS rev13 installer, using internet connection, it gave no errors. However, attempting to rip the game thereafter still gave me the 99% issue. Either that was actually rev13b (it didn't specify), my simplistic downgrading method didn't work, or I'm just boned.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Malurth said:
So I either have to temporarily downgrade to cIOS rev13 or use the terribly slow one I had been using that otherwise worked well. Sigh. I hope downgrading to cIOS rev13 is as simple as running the rev13 installer again.

I downgrade to Rev13 for each dump...But I make sure I'm dumping a pile of games instead of; downgrade,upgrade,downgrade,upgrade
rolleyes.gif

Malurth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riicky said:
Malurth said:
So I either have to temporarily downgrade to cIOS rev13 or use the terribly slow one I had been using that otherwise worked well. Sigh. I hope downgrading to cIOS rev13 is as simple as running the rev13 installer again.

I downgrade to Rev13 for each dump...But I make sure I'm dumping a pile of games instead of; downgrade,upgrade,downgrade,upgrade
rolleyes.gif
Yeah, this is simply not working.

It it incorrect to simply run the rev13 installer? How should I do it?

I ran the rev13 installer, no errors, still giving me the 99% complete BS. I'm at a loss. Perhaps I'm using the wrong files or something. I hear there's a 13a and 13b and 13b still does not work but it seems I have no way of knowing which I have.

Malurth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
AFAIK the program isnt supposed to display 100% due to programers lazyness it only gets to 99%.
I've tested every single one. None of them work. Well, the Animal Crossing one would immediately crash and the Starfox Assault one just displays a some flashing rectangles on a black background. Again, it's not the emulator's fault; Starfox Assault is listed as green for completely playable. Further, Dolphin gives a logo and information and all sorts of stuff when it's dumped correctly, as I've observed. With all these 99% dumps, it gives no info, its name is in all caps, the game logo next to it is completely black, etc.

I ripped the Animal Crossing disc using WiiDump v1.5.1 and it worked on the first try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi