Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls Promotional Trailer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States

Idea Factory's latest Neptunia game, Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls got an english trailer today. The game features many references to SEGA consoles and games of the past, as well as changing up the traditional series' battle system by adding in classes/jobs.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Dengeki Bunko Fighting cllmax crossover game? :P

You know to be honest when it said sega hard girls, i was expecting Sega video game female characters, Instead of people named after and wearing sega console hardware themed clothes. :(

It looks like a fun JRPG that i honestly never considered this neptune franchise a chance of liking, but now i dunno what else to say. Where is sega promotion for sega characters? Besides Sonic sega all star racing transformed, and Project cross x (1 and 2) and Dengeki bunko Fighting climax, there not enough sega themed characters or refrences to go around and closing out Sonic 25 anniversay with only sonic game being "Sonic boom fire and ice" A already poorly recived game (I know the wii u sonic boom is different than 3ds but still the name alone carries weight) And no actual title announced this year but for next year, Sega is really pushing limits here. I dunno what to say, I just wish They least showed they cared a little more about their legacy games, Alex kidd HD collection? Sonic Genesis HD remaster collection? Streets of rage HD collection or even better Streets of rage FOUR. Kid chameleon? New shining force? (Maybe toejam and earl?) WONDERBOY SERIES? HANG ON? OUT RUN? SPACE HARRIER? CRAZY TAXI.

Sega used to make fun sports games, and arcade games. Lately is been kinda in the same position as konami and between the two, Sega is a bit better off with support from nintendo, and the other two, while konami is just losing many supporters.

Sega just been resorting to mobile games and comic books as well as other stuff i'm not aware..... i mean Hatsune miku and neptunia, the atlus, as well as some licensing characters to other companies.

I Wonder what hard hitting surprise will hit next?

@Chary What are your thouhts? (About the game or sega's decisions on things lately... or even what i said.) :unsure:

3. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    It always surprises me how much Japanese love their teenage animu girls.

VinLark and lampdemon like this.
  4. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    I got to see IFI demo the game at E3, and even disregarding the fact that I'm a fan of the series, it looked like a very fun game. Of course, SEGA has been making some bad decisions lately, (Okay, even for over a decade now as well) and I'm not sure if it's because bad management, or the fact that they're bleeding money.

SEGA has some fantastic IPs, and they sell very well on PC, so there's an obvious market for them, therefore it makes no sense for them to just let series like Skies of Arcadia, Shining Force (Fire Emblem is selling well these days so...) Outrun/Daytona (Xbox and PC users love racing games), Streets of Rage (Beloved classic series), etc rot in a corner while SEGA tosses out Miku and Sonic games like it's no tomorrow. (Even though Hatsune Miku is great...do we really need 2 games in a year?)

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  5. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    In legit so happy right now. I've imported this game from Japan and couldn't enjoy it fully due to well... You know.... I can't wait to play this in English! My hype is insane. I might buy a Nep figurine to celebrate. (Too add to my Nep Nep collection)

I also saw the sega hard girls anime (it's not really style anime as it was made in MMD) pretty good. Sonic had a cameo. So I'm also quite familiar with all the characters.

Update: Minor Text Fixes

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

As for two games in a year technically they usually do this when the make a new mainstream console game they port the arcade version for Japan only.

Last edited by BurningDesire, Aug 3, 2016
    WilliamLC, Chary and Voxel like this.
  6. Wellington2k

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere in this world of ours
    Very nice! This is the main reason I got a PS TV. I love the Neptunia series and Sega Hard Girls, so why wouldn't they both go well together?
    My only issue is the voices of the Sega Hard Girls. From my limited knowledge of anime, I don't think that there is a dubbed version, so what are they going to do with the English voices?
    I'm used to the English voices of the Neptunia characters, but the Japanese voices of the Sega Hard Girls. What am I to do? :wacko:

Chary likes this.
  7. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Girls can't get hard... it's a fact.

VinLark likes this.
  8. BurningDesire

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    I feel like there is a dubbed version. Check out that anime site ;) they have it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

But their nipples can

9. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris

True, but my erection is bigger, therefore my Pokemon trumps their's!

BurningDesire likes this.
  10. BurningDesire

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Gumshoos man. I can't decide if I should name him gumshoe (ace attorney) or trump

11. Tex_McBladeSword

Tex_McBladeSword Im Insane! From Earth!

May 16, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I am Needed
    Im a SeHa fan but not really a Neptune fan...

12. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    So I'm defiantly not interested in games like these so I'm kind of clueless on some of the terms..

What is a 'Hard Girl/s'? Is it a bad Japanese translation or something?

13. Tex_McBladeSword

Tex_McBladeSword Im Insane! From Earth!

May 16, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I am Needed
    No, it's a group of Personified Sega consoles usually used for merch and whatnot. they had an anime back in the day as well.

The only video game appearance that I recall before now is SeHa Dreamcast in Dengeki Bunko.

It means Sega Hardware Girls

Chary and Luckkill4u like this.
  14. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    Ohhh that makes so much sense now lol

15. Darkyose

Darkyose Mysterious

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Home Alone Somewhere.
    *drools*

16. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    I now have a reason to buy a PS TV.

17. videogame57

videogame57 Sword Princess

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Right behind you
    PC version when?