Hacking Supercard v3 in Acekard 2 box..?

red_fox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the Acekard forum or here but I just got a $13 Acekard from dealextreme only to discover what appears to be a Supercard DS One inside, which seems like a better card...

Are there any fakes floating around that I should worry about, and if so how can I check

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
There may be fake SCDS1s but they are not very common and DX certainly do not send fakes on purpose. You seem to be quite lucky.
wink.gif

I remember there was a thread for checking if an SCDS1 was fake or not a long time ago.

EDIT: Here it is.
wink.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I guess you're lucky
wink.gif
I wonder if there's someone who bought an SuperCard DS ONE and got an AceKard 2 now
tongue.gif

If it turns out to be a fake, I think DealExtreme could get you an AceKard 2 instead. Just contact them, send the package and wait.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
HAHAHA! Last time I remember someone from GBAtemp(forget who?) got an Ncard in an EZflash box after ordering the 3in1. You are extremly lucky to get a BETTER flashcart in another's box. Enjoy!! XD

EDIT: I remember, it was Kellicros

red_fox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I've used dealextreme a few times and have found them good, I was just surprised to see a different card (a better card!) Judging by the pictures in the other thread what I have is real, it's a perfect match. It's the SCDS1v3 (SDHC), which for $13 is an excellent deal!
yaynds.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kinda dumb question, but that would probably mean the Acekard 2 and SCDS1 might be packaged at the same place.
tongue.gif

But great luck! Damn, $15 for a SCDS1.
ohmy.gif
I wonder if someone got it vice-versa.
tongue.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
There may be fake SCDS1s but they are not very common and DX certainly do not send fakes on purpose. You seem to be quite lucky.
wink.gif

I remember there was a thread for checking if an SCDS1 was fake or not a long time ago.

EDIT: Here it is.
wink.gif
None of those are "fake".

Simply put there are just several variations of the SCDS1, while the v1 and v2 carts all seemed to be the same, the v3 carts have many different variations in the plastic shell AND labelling, but all of those listed there are "REAL" SCDS1s. Go look on the official forums, as there's now even a sticky in the help forum about it IIRC.

I've never heard of a "fake" SCDS1 yet, just clones of R4s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: