Hacking Supercard SD slowdown?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shoving_tacoz said:
And one more question- do you use the GB/NES emulators? How's compatability with these?
They work, and compatibility is decent, but the main problem is that they are insanely out of date. It's using PocketNES 9.97 and Goomba Color Alpha 6, and both of those emulators have received numerous updates since then. The built-in emulators are not user-upgradeable. I'd suggest downloading the updated versions, creating your own compilations with them (IE, putting the NES/GB roms inside the *.gba file itself rather than copying them straight to your card), running the compiled files through the Supercard patcher with minimal settings applied, and launching them from the SC menu.

EDIT:
QUOTE(Schizoanalysis @ Jun 24 2009, 11:44 AM) I've got an old Flash2Advance Ultra 512 cart -- it's great for loading on a single game -- but the computer software is really quite painful when you load on several games --
Woot, another F2AU user! Shame all documentation on the cart is now gone, as is the unofficial support forums. I still use it quite a bit, making sure to only use about 80% of its capacity so that I can add additional games when I feel like it without reflashing the whole thing.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
EDIT:
Schizoanalysis said:
I've got an old Flash2Advance Ultra 512 cart -- it's great for loading on a single game -- but the computer software is really quite painful when you load on several games --
Woot, another F2AU user! Shame all documentation on the cart is now gone, as is the unofficial support forums. I still use it quite a bit, making sure to only use about 80% of its capacity so that I can add additional games when I feel like it without reflashing the whole thing.

Hey cool! I bought mine about 6 years ago in Hong Kong.... Cost quite a bit at the time.

Do you know... is there a RTC in the F2AU? Can Pokemon be played? The one thing I love about this cart is that when you save in game (regular save function) -- it ACTUALLY SAVES THE GAME!! None of this turn on and off and confim the save malarky like in EZ Flash IV... or additionally flashing the save to the SD with a Street-Fighter-type button combo like in SC...

moogle.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The F2AU does contain an RTC and is supposed to work with the Pokemon games. Honestly I've never tried it, though I do use this one program to set the RTC to what I want, which holds time fairly well (gets maybe 10 minutes off after a few months).

shoving_tacoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really Tempted, I'll let you know if my impulse buy kicks in.

Oh, and there is a patch for Pokemon, I was playing it on my EZFlash IV

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it is damn expensive... i wonder if it is worth the extra bucks...

I mean... i do have 3 GBA flash carts already... but call me crazy... I WANT MORE...

wtf.gif

shoving_tacoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I really want it too, just from the M3 reviews. Everyone who uses it says it rocks...

But the supercard's like 1/3 the price online....

So tough!

Cratty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Supercard SD might be 1/3 the quality too. Super Mario World just flat out doesn't work, and I really want to play that game when I go out. I never tried the other carts, but I'm sure the Supercard is too basic in some ways (Like compatibility and the emulators) and too complex in others (Button combos like Street Fighter).
The GB emulator is not too good because there's flashing problems when you just open the menu in Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, or Yellow.
The Sega Master System uses a pretty bad scaling ratio. It's useless if you want to play games that require precision.
The NES emulator has the same problem as above.
Lots of GBA games slow down too much for you to want to play them, and there's sprite flickering issues. So no Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
That's just a little list of problems.
Extra: No user-changeable emulators.
So that's quite a lot.
tl;dr: Get another flash cart. Not trying to be this terrible person trying to ruin something, but that's a list of problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.