Supercard miniSD

Llewcas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I know, this may be an old kind of topic, but when I asked my brother to get me the EZ-Flash IV he got me the Supercard miniSD, so far I've only been worried about the slowdowns.

So the thing is, on what games do you feel slowdowns? Any special thing going on with Pokemon or Megaman Battle Network?

I just want to know everything about the Supercard, there's no turnback as it already has been ordered through eBay, so I would just like to feel not so bad about the Supercard, just tell me your thoughts about the slowdowns, or in-game problems other than the saving system.

EDIT: I'm going to use it for my GBA Micro or my GBA SP

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I had a Supercard SD(same as the miniSD version but a little larger to fit a full SD card) and noticed slowdowns on several action games, I'm gonna do a list of what I remember now.

Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island = slowdowns specially on underground levels. can be mitigated using a patch that disables Supercard menus.
Mario Kart Super Circuit = 50cc runs fine but once you play 100cc you start to notice slowdowns, 150cc can be unplayable, even the music skips. you can lower the amount of slowdown using the same patch that SMA3.
Metroid Fusion = slowdowns using the speedbooster and on rooms with several enemies on screen. can be mitigated using the patch.
Golden Sun = minor slowdowns on heavy battle animations and summons, nothing to worry about, I noticed those when switched to EZ-Flash IV. there are also slowdowns when using field psynergies, more noticeable when using Reveal but nothing very annoying.
Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga = heavy slowdowns on the room of the final boss and minor slowdowns during the battle. the slowdowns of the battle can be eliminated using the patch.

nothing more that I remember right now, Pokemon games run fine but you need to patch the clock. also don't bother buying class 10 SD cards, the problem is the internal memory of the cartridge.

Llewcas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see now, The only one I worry of our list is Golden Sun, but it's not quite the deal, apparently it's probally going to fit my needs. By the way, just in case I need to buy the EZ-Flash IV, is this place safe? http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?PageNo=3&ProID=504 . I know it is what sponsors GBATemp but I just need to make sure, somebody commented he had some problems with the NOR memory, and if it is just his problem then it would be just great. A good thing to know is that there are patches that help slowdowns, thanks alot for the info!

EDIT: Forgot to note that if I buy the EZ-Flash, I will only do it on places that accept paypal like that one up here, even though realhotstuff is as safe as ppl say.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I see now, The only one I worry of our list is Golden Sun, but it's not quite the deal, apparently it's probally going to fit my needs. By the way, just in case I need to buy the EZ-Flash IV, is this place safe? http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?PageNo=3&ProID=504 . I know it is what sponsors GBATemp but I just need to make sure, somebody commented he had some problems with the NOR memory, and if it is just his problem then it would be just great. A good thing to know is that there are patches that help slowdowns, thanks alot for the info!

EDIT: Forgot to note that if I buy the EZ-Flash, I will only do it on places that accept paypal like that one up here, even though realhotstuff is as safe as ppl say.
If you want to pay PayPal, that may be one of the last places that offers PayPal as an option. Most resellers have been either scared away from PayPal, or have had their accounts frozen, never to see their funds again for selling what is deemed to violate PayPal's ToS. Places like realhotstuff are fine if they carry what you're looking for. Honestly, I'd rather deal with a credit card company than PayPal if a transaction goes awry anyways. PayPal makes everything substantially more difficult more often than they make anything easier.

Regardless, I'm sure whatever issue you read about that person having is entirely their own. There are periodically lemons, so to speak, that make it through the manufacturing process. Of course, most of the time the problems stem from the person just not knowing how to use the device they got, thus leading them to call one thing or another defective based on whatever little information they were able to glean. Regardless, if you order one, you'll be fine. If you aren't and something is legitimately wrong with the card, as long as they have the stock, I'm sure they'll help you to replace it.

Just know that this cart isn't exactly in high stock around and about the different retailers. It was officially discontinued, and what stock shops do have is mostly leftover from when manufacturing was still happening. We're long past the days of GBA carts being huge, so it isn't as if this will be up on the cloning block either. Once they sell out, they'll become legitimately rare to find just kind of being sold. So, ya know, hop on what you can find.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/index.php?title=Supercard

I contributed a lot to this page. Also look at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/index.php?title=SupercardGBASlowdowns

You should also look at the official Supercard website so you can download the latest patcher software. It's actually rather important that you use the software for the regular Supercard SD / MiniSD and not the software for the Supercard Lite (which used MicroSD). For some reason that matters.

As for the built-in emulators of the Supercard miniSD, forget them because they're so very much outdated. Build your own *.gba files with PocketNES, Goomba Color, and the like. Run the compilations through the Supercard patcher to get them to work. The PH Wiki article I linked above explains that better.

EDIT:

Here's the latest "comprehensive Supercard guide" that I got from SCdev and Maxconsole way back in the day. It took some digging through my hard drive to find it, but here it is. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59972490/GBAandDS/ea05th_s_SuperCard_Guide_v1.1.pdf

Llewcas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I
See http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/index.php?title=Supercard

I contributed a lot to this page. Also look at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/index.php?title=SupercardGBASlowdowns

You should also look at the official Supercard website so you can download the latest patcher software. It's actually rather important that you use the software for the regular Supercard SD / MiniSD and not the software for the Supercard Lite (which used MicroSD). For some reason that matters.

As for the built-in emulators of the Supercard miniSD, forget them because they're so very much outdated. Build your own *.gba files with PocketNES, Goomba Color, and the like. Run the compilations through the Supercard patcher to get them to work. The PH Wiki article I linked above explains that better.

EDIT:

Here's the latest "comprehensive Supercard guide" that I got from SCdev and Maxconsole way back in the day. It took some digging through my hard drive to find it, but here it is. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59972490/GBAandDS/ea05th_s_SuperCard_Guide_v1.1.pdf

I just got the supercard yesterday, honestly I think there's a problem with the card.
It is legitimate, when I got it, I was amazed because I really thought it may be a fake one, but fits every legit characteristics.

I downloaded then firmware and everything, updated to 1.85 and everything went flawlessly. But when it came down to running the games. It worked on all 8- MB games I ran, but every single 16 MB game gave me white screen with messed up sound, even 32 MB games worked, but as the statistics say, most GBA games are 16 MB. Now the steps I did was:

1. Unbox the Supercard (Duh)
2. Downloaded the sd-185.bin (or something similar) file from their site.
3. Downloaded the software, aka the program used for patching games.
4. Put every game I had and Out it at a folder then put it into the card (I had to make diff directories to prevent files from dissappearing at the menu)
5. Every 8 or less MB game worked flawlessly, Yu-Gi-Oh 32MB game ran flawlessly, every 16 MB game, white screen.

I'm just wondering what's going on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had one it was fun lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?