SuperCard MiniSD Help

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by zer0north, Apr 28, 2016.

1. zer0north
    OP

zer0north Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    Hello! I've recently purchased a SuperCard MiniSD Cartridge and I've run into a few issues.

Upon first inserting my cartridge into my GameBoy Advance SP, everything seemed normal. The gameboy recognized the cartridge and tried to start it. It started, but I could only view the main menu for a fraction of a second before it cut to white.

I searched around a bit on the internet and from what I gathered, I needed to update the firmware on the Cartridge. I downloaded all of the up-to-date files (the latest firmware I could find was sd_v185) and added them to my cartridge and tried to fire it up again. Like the first time, I could view the menu for only a split second, and then it cut to white.

So I did some more searching, and from several online forums I've gathered that this issue is related to having too large of a micro SD card (the SuperCard MiniSD only supports up to 2GB). However, I am using the 2GB Micro SD that came with the cartridge. Is there a possibility that I'll need to pick up a different Micro SD? Or could it be a different issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Drud1995

Drud1995 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    United States
    Magicant
    I know for gameboy color and standard gameboy games at least, a screen, and then a white screen meant a bad solder connection on the ROM chip within the cartridge. Maybe check inside and reflow the solder on those connections. I also know of bootleg games being made very poorly these days, so this might be the case. If this doesn't work, then I really have no clue. Good luck!

3. Goatsie666

Goatsie666 Head Smithy

Oct 26, 2014
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    I also need help with this. WHere can i find the kernel???