SuperCard MiniSD Help

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by zer0north, Apr 28, 2016.

1. zer0north
    OP

zer0north Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    Hello! I've recently purchased a SuperCard MiniSD Cartridge and I've run into a few issues.

Upon first inserting my cartridge into my GameBoy Advance SP, everything seemed normal. The gameboy recognized the cartridge and tried to start it. It started, but I could only view the main menu for a fraction of a second before it cut to white.

I searched around a bit on the internet and from what I gathered, I needed to update the firmware on the Cartridge. I downloaded all of the up-to-date files (the latest firmware I could find was sd_v185) and added them to my cartridge and tried to fire it up again. Like the first time, I could view the menu for only a split second, and then it cut to white.

So I did some more searching, and from several online forums I've gathered that this issue is related to having too large of a micro SD card (the SuperCard MiniSD only supports up to 2GB). However, I am using the 2GB Micro SD that came with the cartridge. Is there a possibility that I'll need to pick up a different Micro SD? Or could it be a different issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Drud1995

Drud1995 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    United States
    Magicant
    I know for gameboy color and standard gameboy games at least, a screen, and then a white screen meant a bad solder connection on the ROM chip within the cartridge. Maybe check inside and reflow the solder on those connections. I also know of bootleg games being made very poorly these days, so this might be the case. If this doesn't work, then I really have no clue. Good luck!

3. Goatsie666

Goatsie666 Head Smithy

Oct 26, 2014
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    I also need help with this. WHere can i find the kernel???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice