ROM Hack Supercard EOS 1.0 SP2

lancelott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
I noticed it's for the english one short while ago because the folder said "eng", however problems remain.

1. Deleting the current OS and copying the SP2 beta in its place results in a non-boot.
2. Replacing all the files except the boot file SCFW.SC makes it work but it freezes on loading games.
3. Replacing only ds1patch.dat, supposedly the patch database, does not fix Pokemon.
system1.dat is the file that is causing #2. We can replace that file with the one from 1.0 SP1 and it works. However, the SCFW.SC will never work right and also needs replacement.

Also, the dldi.bin is different from what I had for my DSOne SDHC so I kept mine from SP1. I am not sure if this causes problems because I didn't try this one's DLDI.

Drium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, please stop using the fake firmware this brand new member uploaded.

If you're going to test something, try to grab the OFFICIAL EOS SP2 from the Chinese forums, and NOT the random, unofficial and not-backed-by-anyone firmware some random newly-registered member posted.

Then tell us if it works. D:

Drium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Searinox said:
And which one would be the "official" download?
Like I said, someone is going to have to get it off the Chinese BBS/Forum there. It can't be gotten anywhere else right now other than by posting to request it.

The one this random new user is offering seems to be a "self-made patch" that "only works for DSOnei cards". Between that and an official firmware update I'll take the official firmware update.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
i agree with Drium, you never your that thing can brick your DS or supercard. best is just wait a few more days, its on it way. go outside for awhile, smell some flowers....

lancelott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with trying what I suggested makes it bootable does not work.

Pokemon still freezes. Just stick to what's official and bug-free.

Drium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cooltad said:
EOS SP1 has NO issues at all with hg/ss for me.
Try going in and out of a house some 30-40 times and then tell us that again.
tongue.gif

Drium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ben_not_benny said:
Searinox said:
For some reason with SP1 it took me 60 events to crash, SP2 crashes me in 30. XD

I haven't tried SP2, but SP1 is fine for me.

I'm 18 hours into the game and I only crashed two or three times, it didn't bother me much at all.
Really? Are you sure?

Are you saving/resetting every now and then to prevent freezes?

And what settings are you using on your card? How many badges do you have? Etc.

'cuz I'm pretty sure the DSOne cards are reported to freeze like every other ones, just less often.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
Don't think ya need to know Chinese. Just copy the didl.dldi, ds1patch.dat and userpatch.dat over the ones in the current fw.

EDIT: Can't get it working. Black screen and purple text with a window.

EDIT2: Keep the SCFW.SC of the current firmware and copy only the folder over the existing one. It works.

EDIT3: That won't work. Freezes on loading ROM.

Probably works fine on Chinese SC but I can't get it working on the English one not even through file transplant tricks.

Can you give me the EOS 1.0 SP2 firmware please? My Supercard was bought from China and was using a Chinese Supercard Firmware. I think it will work on mine. It's better to give it a try than to do nothing.

ben_not_benny

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Canada
Drium said:
Are you saving/resetting every now and then to prevent freezes?

And what settings are you using on your card? How many badges do you have? Etc.

'cuz I'm pretty sure the DSOne cards are reported to freeze like every other ones, just less often.

I'm using a DSOne v3 Chinese version with EOS SP1. Patch mode, 4x speed and I turned on two AR codes that makes the game load a bit faster.

CODE!Game Enhancer

::Quick Screen Change
1200FA78 00002200
1200FA9C 00002200

::Increase Message Speed
12002346 00002100
120202EE 00001C0C
120202F0 00004818
1202031E 0000BD10
02020320 E7E53C2D
1202032E 0000D0DF
1202033A 0000E7F1

I play for about 70 to 90 minutes then I take a break. I didn't purposely walk in/out of doors like 50 times in a row. I have 13 badges now (going for 14) and everything works great.

It crashed on me once at Team Rocket HQ when I was leaving a room and another time on S.S. Aqua during a battle. Other than that it's ok for me.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
babykane said:
I have send the Download Link to Searinox in Supercard forum
Please check.
I checked the thread and my PMs on the Chinese forum, and then the English one and couldn't find it. Where is it?

EDIT: NVM found it.

EDIT 2: If this is indeed supposed to be a Pokemon-fixing build it does nothing over the official firmware. 64 entry/exit and it froze. 60 is the standard on SC so NOTHING has changed. Proof that team SC has no idea what they're doing. I PM'd them back with everything I knew and even told them AP is similar to Zelda ST AND told them to hurry cause they're losing sales.

Do not expect SP2 to fix Pokemon, unless team SC starts to understand what they need to do.

Don't like what you're hearing? Pissed? Let them know about it! Complain about it on their official(english) forum and those with expertise can even go to the chinese board.

Drium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't suppose you know if the 60-events average applies thorough the entire game or not, Sear?

IE, will the amount of badges you have affect it, or have you not tested it? I don't mean to start a conversation on the matter, but I'm curious.

60 events is pretty playable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative