Supercard DSTWO PLugins

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by YukiAs, May 27, 2015.

1. YukiAs
    OP

YukiAs Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hi guys,
    I am getting a Supercards DSTWO in a few days so I wanted to ask some things.
    To play GBA and SNES games I read I need plugins.
    I also found some on http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DSTwo_Plugin.

So my question is what plugin should I choose?
    For gba I see "NDSGBA - GBA Emulator ". Maybe there are more?
    For snes there are some couple more.

Could you please recommend the best ones for each at the moment?
    Maybe there are other plugins that are useful except other emulators?

I hope you can help me =D
    Thanks

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    A plugin is only a normal homebrew, but located in the plugin folder to be displayed on the first launch menu instead of listing them in the file browser.
    some homebrew work only on DSTwo card because it has an additional CPU chipset (the GBA emulator benefit from this CPU) but draws console's battery faster.

The "first launch screen" has a limited number of displayed icons where you can place "plugins".
    But you can just copy the homebrew in any other folder on your card and you can use it the same way.

/homebrew/Fireworld.nds <----- select "Games" on the plugin's "boot screen" then browse to homebrew folder to launch it.
    or
    /_dstwoplug/fireworld.nds <------ select "fireworld" on the plugin's "boot screen" to launch it quickly.
    /_dstwoplug/fireworld.bmp
    /_dstwoplug/fireworld.ini

There are a lot of NDS homebrew you can try and you can turn them in "plugin" if you like them.
    there's no real "plugin" recommendation, just homebrew recommendation :)

3. AshDS

AshDS Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2015
    France
    So far the said best GBA & SNES emulators are TempGBA & CATSFC.

While TempGBA gets the job mostly done and looks cool, the SNES emulator has a hard time running some games (tried Super Metroid and couldn't get a 100% speed, Soul Blazer on the other hand seemed to run pretty tightly). Also, you only have a choice between stretched-out screen or cropped on top & bottom, much like NES emulators. No 1:1 ratio here.

Last edited by AshDS, May 31, 2015