YukiAs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,
I am getting a Supercards DSTWO in a few days so I wanted to ask some things.
To play GBA and SNES games I read I need plugins.
I also found some on http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DSTwo_Plugin.

So my question is what plugin should I choose?
For gba I see "NDSGBA - GBA Emulator ". Maybe there are more?
For snes there are some couple more.

Could you please recommend the best ones for each at the moment?
Maybe there are other plugins that are useful except other emulators?

I hope you can help me =D
Thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A plugin is only a normal homebrew, but located in the plugin folder to be displayed on the first launch menu instead of listing them in the file browser.
some homebrew work only on DSTwo card because it has an additional CPU chipset (the GBA emulator benefit from this CPU) but draws console's battery faster.

The "first launch screen" has a limited number of displayed icons where you can place "plugins".
But you can just copy the homebrew in any other folder on your card and you can use it the same way.

/homebrew/Fireworld.nds <----- select "Games" on the plugin's "boot screen" then browse to homebrew folder to launch it.
or
/_dstwoplug/fireworld.nds <------ select "fireworld" on the plugin's "boot screen" to launch it quickly.
/_dstwoplug/fireworld.bmp
/_dstwoplug/fireworld.ini

There are a lot of NDS homebrew you can try and you can turn them in "plugin" if you like them.
there's no real "plugin" recommendation, just homebrew recommendation :)

AshDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So far the said best GBA & SNES emulators are TempGBA & CATSFC.

While TempGBA gets the job mostly done and looks cool, the SNES emulator has a hard time running some games (tried Super Metroid and couldn't get a 100% speed, Soul Blazer on the other hand seemed to run pretty tightly). Also, you only have a choice between stretched-out screen or cropped on top & bottom, much like NES emulators. No 1:1 ratio here.

Last edited by AshDS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?