Hacking Supercard DSTWO on New 3DS XL?

Masonica

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya dudes, I apologize off the bat because I'm pretty sure this is going to be in the wrong area of the forum, but I wasn't sure which best suited my question. Anyway, I bought one of these bad boys wishing to use it as a flash cart to play original DS games on my New 3DS until I was comfortable with 3DS flash carts. Everything sort of works, but I never get any files or roms to show up. I couldn't find any help on the actual product forum itself. The only option I have is the DS_GAMES app and when I'm in there an updater which tells me I'm up to date. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Cheers, Masonica.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The roms (.nds files) need to be in a specific folder. I think it's the DS_GAMES folder on the SD card. I don't have mine with me but I can verify once I'm home if you still need help.

Masonica

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YTBsfhC.png

These are the files I have at the moment with the right files being in the folder pointed to by the arrow. Where would you reccomend I put my ROMS. (My rom files are .NDS whenever I try to get it going)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they go in that folder. You can also make a sub folder in _dstwo and put them in there instead for better organization.

It looks like you don't have any actual NDS games in the folder now, but once you put them there they will show up.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
made a folder like you said and put a rom in it and this is all I get still.
Make a folder at the root of your SD card, name it whatever you like (eg ROMs), in that folder put your DS games. When you open your SD card you will now have four files; _dstwo, ROMs, the updater .nds and readme.

Explanation
The _ in the "_dstwo" folder hides the folder from the DStwo, it essentially says "ignore this folder". But the folder is an essential system folder that requires the underscore to be in the name, so just leave it as is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @Xdqwerty a rapper