Supercard DSTwo Folder structure alternatives?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Valzi, Jul 15, 2011.

Jul 15, 2011
  1. Valzi
    OP

Newcomer Valzi Member

United States
    Is there any way to not place all the homebrew stuff in the root folder? Will an alternative OS like iMenu make any difference?

The suggested structure (everything goes in the root) is really messy and makes it hard to even tell what folders go with what programs.

For example, if you install Lemmings DS, you have this structure:

Root/
    /graphics
    /levels
    /music
    /standard_graphical_objects
    /standard_texture_archives
    lemmingsds_config.txt

And lemmingsds_dldi.nds is in the _dstwo folder.

It might easily be the case that another homebrew program would include a folder called "graphics" and that the two would merge, making a real mess. If they shared any filenames, one of the two programs would be broken.

How do you like to structure your DSTwo folders?

2. Valzi
    OP

Newcomer Valzi Member

United States
    *Bump.* I'd be interested in a response, even if you just want to say "No, that's the only way."

3. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    iMenu and BAGPlug don't change EOS, they add on top of it

some homebrew require that you have those folders in the root or else it will not locate it, while some allow all of the folders to be in the same location as the homebrew (i.e. if lemmings.nds is in _dstwoplug/, then you could put all of those folders in _dstwoplug/ too)

just experiment and see which ones allow it (also always read the readmes that come with the homebrew downloads, they sometimes give specific instructions on where folders and files can be placed)

4. Valzi
    OP

Newcomer Valzi Member

United States
    It's unfortunate things must be so messy, but thanks for the good advice. I like the idea of putting more stuff in dstwoplug, so I'll try that. (My DSTwo isn't even here yet, I'm just excitedly preparing the microSD for it.) -_-