Hacking Supercard DSTwo download play?

TreasureCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to leave on a roadtrip, and I'm hoping to use my new SCDS2 to host a bunch of download play gaming.

I know the cart supports it, but is there anything special I'll need to do to make it work? I'm using clean images and my EOS is up to date. I tried looking around and saw posts where people were having trouble (especially with NSMB), and there were all sorts of suggestions, ranging from changing between PATCH and CLEAN modes to editting a line in globalsettings.ini.

I don't have another DS to experiment with.

So, pretty straightforward questions. Do I need to do anything special to make sure download play works when I'm hosting from my SCDS2? Are there any games that need special settings? Do I have to change values in my globalsettings.ini?

A really quick answer would be great, I'm leaving very soon. Thanks!

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything should work fine in patch and clean, u don't have to do anything special

however, if u enter the in-game menu while playing online it will cut off the connection with everyone else and they'll have to restart their DS's to reconnect

TreasureCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's good to know. I met up with a buddy for maybe an hour and got to tinker with it a little, but I was basically taking shots in the dark, and wasn't clear on whether anything I was doing was helping. Most games played just fine, though.

It's good to know about the in-game menu, too. Probably wouldn't have been messing about with it anyway, but still helpful.

One that we couldn't get to work was LoZ: Spirit Tracks. I tried both Patch and Clean, but it the other DSi never downloaded it properly. Shame, because it was one I was particularly looking forward to.

If anybody knows any sort of trick to getting download play working with LoZ:ST, I'd appreciate the help, but otherwise I think I'm covered. Thanks for the info.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hello