Hacking Supercard DSTwo+ and Smash Bros.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I saw this:

NEW! Replace game files with custom game files (Emulated NAND)

Which means they plan to natively support ROMFS redirection with end-user friendly methods.

What does this mean:

Texture replacements, model replacements, audio replacements... custom Smash Bros. anyone? ;D

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not easily, most people wouldn't be able to do this by themselves (repack a rom with ROMFS redirection).
There are tools that make the process relatively easy, the other option is distribution of a pre-patched ROM.
I think it's unlikely that they'd make it any easier via modified emuNAND.

But who knows, MT-Card are blazing their own (albeit slow) trail with support for save conversion and such. I'm not sure the supercard team would get into the 3DS flashcart game if they were just going to be another gateway clone.
They must have *something* up their sleeves that separates them from their competitors.

The 3DS scene is about to get a whole lot more exciting over the coming weeks!

Off topic: Any news from your contacts about the gateway update? I'm avoiding the shitstorm that is the current thread.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are tools that make the process relatively easy, the other option is distribution of a pre-patched ROM.
I think it's unlikely that they'd make it any easier via modified emuNAND.

But who knows, MT-Card are blazing their own (albeit slow) trail with support for save conversion and such. I'm not sure the supercard team would get into the 3DS flashcart game if they were just going to be another gateway clone.
They must have *something* up their sleeves that separates them from their competitors.

The 3DS scene is about to get a whole lot more exciting over the coming weeks!

Off topic: Any news from your contacts about the gateway update? I'm avoiding the shitstorm that is the current thread.

Nope, no clue on launch date.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
im starting to doubt the whole dstwo+ ....not thats its real, but all the stuff they are saying.....wtf has emunand got to do with romfs modifications?, its like some kid making up his own card and throwing in things he has read into things he thinks sounds legit.....like people pretending to be doctors saying stat repeatedly as they think it sounds smart

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im starting to doubt the whole dstwo+ ....not thats its real, but all the stuff they are saying.....wtf has emunand got to do with romfs modifications?, its like some kid making up his own card and throwing in things he has read into things he thinks sounds legit.....like people pretending to be doctors saying stat repeatedly as they think it sounds smart

Instead of re-linking ROMFS to SD in the actual ROM itself, perhaps in their CFW that they load for emunand the redirection is done on a system level.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it would still be messy and how would they manage the romfs?......would you have folders for each game with the extracted romfs, redirecting the romfs would probably be possible by patches done on the fly like how gateway have region free and spoofing etc on the fly.......idk maybe its all legit and they have really put a lot of work into making complicated things un-complicated, but tbh its coming across like trying to throw in buzz words

One of the mods has confirmed that it is real, but its true featureset is all over the place.
yeah i had already guessed a while back supercard would be making a re-appearance as 3DS hombrew started eating up their main selling points i.e snes/gba emulation, that was pretty much the main appeal over a cheapo R4 NDS card, lets face it the 4.x exploit has been public for over a year so they have had plenty of time to get something working.......im just hoping they aren't doing a R4 deluxe edition and stating 4.x-9.x compatibility with the little (NDS only for 5.x+)

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would still be messy and how would they manage the romfs?......would you have folders for each game with the extracted romfs, redirecting the romfs would probably be possible by patches done on the fly like how gateway have region free and spoofing etc on the fly.......idk maybe its all legit and they have really put a lot of work into making complicated things un-complicated, but tbh its coming across like trying to throw in buzz words

They could write a function into the card that you choose the rom you want and it unpacks and extracts the contents for you to the SD card and sets up a 're-link' flag on it, or just a small file that if present does the re-link. Then you can open it on your PC and overwrite whatever content you want to modify.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They could write a function into the card that you choose the rom you want and it unpacks and extracts the contents for you to the SD card and sets up a 're-link' flag on it, or just a small file that if present does the re-link. Then you can open it on your PC and overwrite whatever content you want to modify.
yeah but see that would end up with games your modifying taking up like double the space.......idk time will tell i suppose, but right now i can rebuild a rom in like 3 minutes...its not really hard, but plain rom file system access would be better for debugging stuff rather than needing to rebuild

truth is romfs access is like 10% of the work, being able to modify the various file formats would end up being in the hands of the end user.....and i think most people prefer to just get a pre-modded rom or a easy to apply ppf file generally

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1