supercard ds2 phat compatibility

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Insane_Cat, Jul 6, 2010.

Jul 6, 2010
  1. Insane_Cat
    OP

Newcomer Insane_Cat Member

United States
    I heard somewhere that some of the advanced functions on the supercard ds2, such as the gba emulator, don't work on the phat ds. Is this true? Can I use all of the features of the ds2 on my phat?

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    There's no reason that should be true, the advanced functions are because of the processor on the flashcart itself, not because of the system its being used on.

3. cowboycoder77

Newcomer cowboycoder77 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Works perfectly on my DS phat. In fact it fits in the phat's slot quite nicely whereas it's a really tight squeeze in my DSi.

4. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Yeah works fine on my phat too

5. campbell00

Member campbell00 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It works fine for me as well. I must add, however, that opening the real-time menu is more of a hassle. Some games don't like it at certain spots, while others will enter the menu at any point during the game. Curiously, this is not the case with my DSi. I'm not sure if this is an actual issue, or just an isolated one...

6. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    mine doesn't do that. but if i like turn of my ds and turn it on right away it will just white screen and the supercard won't load.

7. geenlung

geenlung Newbie

I might be wrong about this, but the DS does take a split second to read the card. Quickly turning on/off the DS may make it skip that step. Sometimes when my GBA emulator gets stuck and I do a quick restart, my DSTWO isn't recognized.