Supercard DS One black&white screen

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by PlooBloo, Aug 13, 2008.

1. PlooBloo
    OP

PlooBloo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2006
    United States
    East Coast, USA
    Hello, all.

My coworker didn't know how to put games on her son's Supercard DS One, so I volunteered to help her. I figured all I had to do was to copy the .nds files over, which worked well for the first half of the games I put on it. After that, I put the rest of the games in and decided to delete the msforsc.nds file because I thought it was some junk file (I had no clue about Supercard files). I loaded it up and it told me I was missing the firmware so I downloaded the latest firmware off the supercard website, but when I start up my DS, I don't get anything but a black screen on top and a white screen on bottom.

I did the self test mode and it says:

Test Flash
    flash id ok!
    flash ok!

Test sd card
    sd ok! no find test file.

Test Psram
    psram ok!

Now SuperCard DS Version:
    English Ver1.01

Test finished.

Any clue on how I can fix this? I also reformatted the micro-SD card before typing this, full reformat FAT32. Thanks for all your help!

Oh, I also have the correct firmware, the SDHC one. "DSone_SDHC_V3.0_sp4_0718_eng.zip" is the file I downloaded from the SC site.

2. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Did you copy the scshell folder over as well? They changed the skinning system a short time ago, so the old scshell folder probably doesn't have the skin files in the right place.

3. PlooBloo
    OP

PlooBloo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2006
    United States
    East Coast, USA
    Yeah, I reformatted the entire thing, downloaded the firmware, and pulled over the scshell folder and msforsc.nds file to the root of the SD card.

4. PlooBloo
    OP

PlooBloo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2006
    United States
    East Coast, USA
    LOL! I got it to work somehow by using the oldest firmware, the one released in 06. xD Thanks to everyone who read

5. sidneyyoung

sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 29, 2006
    Bangladesh
    Tripple check you are using the correct software, there are different versions for sdhc models and non-sdhc.