Hacking Supercard DS 2 and 3ds - can't get it to work

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I no longer have my DS and I put the new FW on the card and put it into my 3ds and it doesn't work (says power off error). Anyone know how I can get this card to work on my 3ds (to play ds backups)?

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oceanborn712 said:
If you already updated your 3DS's Firmware before applying the latest update for the SuperCard it won't work. In this case grab a DS/Lite/i it works on and install the update

i didn't install any updated FW to the 3ds but it still doesn't work. Maybe nintendo has the latest FW on the NA model?

Teren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought I was the only one having this problem... I've been looking for a solution for days, but found nothing...

Well, same problem here. SC DS2, firmware 1.09 (updated from DSL, tried with a DSi too) and EOS 1.11 (last release).

3DS doesn't recognise it most of the times I put it into the SLOT1 - if I want it to recognise it, I have to go to Settings, and when I go to the HOME menu, there it is. Then, I initialize it and... Poof, black screens with Error asking to shut it down holding power button button.

I've tried to use firmware 1.08 and EOS 1.10 too, just in case it worked... But nothing changes. And I know it's not about the console, I've used a M3i flashcart and no problems...

I've also tried to update the 3DS firmware (1.0.0E to 1.1.0-1E), still nothing...

If you manage to get it to work, please, tell here
wink.gif
. It seems we're the only 2 in the world with this problem, I haven't seen ayone else writing about it...

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's really weird. I've had my friend unbox and update his 3DS and update and use his SCDS2 right before my eyes and everything worked.

Teren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oceanborn712 said:
That's really weird. I've had my friend unbox and update his 3DS and update and use his SCDS2 right before my eyes and everything worked.

It is, and a bit annoying too... It's about the flashcart, but I don't know why. I've tried another SC DS2 on my 3DS and it works, but mine doesn't...

Mikio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
My Supercard DS 2 is working fine on my 3DS and with the last firmware too.
The first thing i did was to upgrade my 3ds's firmware from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.1
Then on my old fat ds I made the firmware update v1.09 using the EOS v1.11 from 03/22/2011
Then it just works perfectly without a problem.

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mikio said:
Then on my old fat ds I made the firmware update v1.09 using the EOS v1.11 from 03/22/2011

problem is I have no DS lite. Really annoying that you need another system to make the 3ds work.

Teren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mikio said:

The same I did, the difference is mine isn't recognised on my 3DS (DS, DSL and DSi do recognise it, btw).

Mikio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Teren said:
Mikio said:

The same I did, the difference is mine isn't recognised on my 3DS (DS, DSL and DSi do recognise it, btw).

Wierd =s I think you already tried several time to plug out then plug in the cartridge in the 3DS. Maybe try to erase everything on your micro sd card then put everything back

Teren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mikio said:
Wierd =s I think you already tried several time to plug out then plug in the cartridge in the 3DS. Maybe try to erase everything on your micro sd card then put everything back

Yes, I did. And I tried to format and copy a clean EOS 1.11 too, but nothing happens.

I'm starting to think the problem is that my SC doesn't update the firmware properly - maybe it gives me the Success! message every time I update it, but I think it actually doesn't update... As it works in all models but 3DS, I think it must be something related to that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1