Hacking SuperCard 4in1 DSTWO PLUS has released

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Regardless of whether or not this flashcard works on 1.0 or 10.2, if you've got "supercard" in your name, you are going to sell flash cartridges.

I wonder how many of the anti-SKY/GW brigade have preordered already :P
You know what else works on 10.2? Supercard Two, you don't need a new card for 10.2 support.
Now if this was able to get 3DS ROM support to work on 10.2, then it would be worth it.

D

Deleted User

You know what else works on 10.2? Supercard Two, you don't need a new card for 10.2 support.
Now if this was able to get 3DS ROM support to work on 10.2, then it would be worth it.
If i hadn't seen the Gateway website update 1 year ago and somehow still would've been on firmware 9.2 and found out about this Supercard DSTWO Plus then i'd buy it as soon as it came out. Playing GBA, SNES, DS and 3DS games on 1 cartridge would've been a dream come true, but i already bought Gateway before and i got all those features with it, even if it's not in the same cartridge.

Also, i don't like when people steal other peoples work for money.

Last edited by ,

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, emulating a 3DS cart like how Sky3DS does would have been a better move, perhaps with a button to cycle roms that if held down would switch to DS mode.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, emulating a 3DS cart like how Sky3DS does would have been a better move, perhaps with a button to cycle roms that if held down would switch to DS mode.
Yes i wonder why they didn't just try to emulate Sky3DS before trying Gateway since it's amloast one year ago since 9.3 released which patched that exploit.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If i hadn't seen the Gateway website update 1 year ago and somehow still would've been on firmware 9.2 and found out about this Supercard DSTWO Plus then i'd buy it as soon as it came out. Playing GBA, SNES, DS and 3DS games on 1 cartridge would've been a dream come true, but i already bought Gateway before and i got all those features with it, even if it's not in the same cartridge.

Also, i don't like when people steal other peoples work for money.
The issue with that is, you run the risk of bricking somewhere down the road. Verse just using a Gateway with official support.
They really didn't even try with this one, all the of the advertised features are just taken from everyone else's work. Sure the work was based on Supercard's source, but they put zero effort into it afterwards. Then just lazily slapping on a Gateway feature without even attempting to do anything impressive like updating the support, isn't just lazy, it's shameless.
It also boils down to marketing. Why should I buy this card? I am at 9.9 and own a DSTwo already, what's the point to owning this one? They've contributed nothing towards their market expect a feature Gateway users and CFW users have already had for well over a year now.

Reactions: Deleted User

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually didn't know it had a more powerful CPU. If it's able to handle pushing rendering to the 3DS without slot1 being a bottleneck, it'd be worth it just for that

Reactions: Deleted User

StonedPurple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue with that is, you run the risk of bricking somewhere down the road. Verse just using a Gateway with official support.
They really didn't even try with this one, all the of the advertised features are just taken from everyone else's work. Sure the work was based on Supercard's source, but they put zero effort into it afterwards. Then just lazily slapping on a Gateway feature without even attempting to do anything impressive like updating the support, isn't just lazy, it's shameless.
It also boils down to marketing. Why should I buy this card? I am at 9.9 and own a DSTwo already, what's the point to owning this one? They've contributed nothing towards their market expect a feature Gateway users and CFW users have already had for well over a year now.
But everything is in one card. That's why its worth it.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If this REAAAALLY is a gamechanger, then CFW would be ahead by leaps and bounds no? How often do you change between DS mode and 3DS mode anyway? I mean, let's be honest here. It's a half-arsed attempt at an improvement if it can even be called as such. You may as well go all the way and be cardless with CFW.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this REAAAALLY is a gamechanger, then CFW would be ahead by leaps and bounds no? How often do you change between DS mode and 3DS mode anyway? I mean, let's be honest here. It's a half-arsed attempt at an improvement if it can even be called as such. You may as well go all the way and be cardless with CFW.
Because CFW has 100% compatibility.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You know, expect it's only for those still on 9.2. Which all of it's features can be accomplished using a normal DSTwo and CFW, which would basically run the exact same way.
It has accomplished nothing new and once again, it's still a clone that doesn't have official Gateway support. So they are pretty much one update away from either being blocked or bricked.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway stuff can be accomplished with just a CFW too. Does that completely invalidate it?

I also don't see the point of the bricking worry when Gateway isn't even updating their card.

D

Deleted User

Gateway stuff can be accomplished with just a CFW too. Does that completely invalidate it?

I also don't see the point of the bricking worry when Gateway isn't even updating their card.
What would be the point of updating the card? The card is only used to be able to run roms in Gateway Mode, but they frequently updates their launcher with new stuff or fixes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM