Super Smash Bros Ultimate file size revealed.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
super-smash-bros-ultimatejpg.jpeg

According to the Japanese eShop page for Nintendo's upcoming game Super Smash Bros Ultimate, the game will take up 16gb of storage on the switch. For reference, The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is 14gb. Smash Ultimate takes up over half of the internal storage on the Switch, so if your planning on getting it digitally, you'd better have an SD card handy!

Source: https://www.destructoid.com/digital...16-gb-or-more-of-space-on-switch-513155.phtml

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As Pedro said, the game will be at least 16GB, not 16GB. With the wording used in the article, it might mean "at least 16GB but most likely no more than 32".

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As Pedro said, the game will be at least 16GB, not 16GB. With the wording used in the article, it might mean "at least 16GB but most likely no more than 32".
yeah no idea where the op readed that it was confirmed 16gb when the exact cotacion does not confirm a filesize but says minimum of 16 or more lol.

So yeah even the title is bad on this topic, the filesize was not confirmed or revealed they just said 16 or more that doesnt confirm crap lol.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP download people, fork over money for those SD cards, I'll just buy the cart, no need to download so much data. Besides, you would know what the file size is when the game is close to release and it says it on the eshop page. :yayswitch:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless they pull a L.A. Noire to us XD
It's nintendo, they don't usually use big file sizes for games, other developers do probably cause they can't optimize or compress stuff, or just decide to try and break boundaries of the systems capabilities.

But in that case, it's probably the fact that switch carts don't hold enough data like bluray disc do so they had to find another way to fit games on the system. Eventually when they do, they may re-release games on cart without needing to download. (if it's still in demand) or avoid that since people are being cheap.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If this was the wii u days, I wouldnt be able to get this game on my wii u, because I bought the white model, so it only had 8gb of storage
Nintendo has never offered much internal storage space, but I don't mind because SD/mSD cards are hella cheap and useful for many different devices. Plus, as we already covered, their games are a lot smaller than the file sizes on other consoles. Thankfully there isn't a boatload of games I want to play for PS4, so 500GB is enough for me to install everything. Hopefully Spider-Man and RDR2 (if it doesn't come to PC) should fit too.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol