Gaming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Release Thread

alepman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, is anyone else having problems getting this working online?
i applied my pokemon header to it and changed the chip id to sandisk (to match the header that came with the rom) - but the chip id that gateway rom patched 0.6 generates is not the same as the chip id that was there that came with the rom. maybe this game uses something new, chip id wise?
i'll try to go online with the untouched rom, and use their header data...

- i get an error message when i try to connect

why you changed the header?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
When I access the online part it asks for a update.. so it does recognize my 3DZ

things can connect online when the header is incorrect, for example with pokemon i could get mystery gifts online via wifi, but i could not redeem a serial code event. (meaning that i reckon it's possible for the game to know about an update yet still not be able to actually play online)
so, thanks for your help, but for the time being i'm going to think that if you also had the update, that you would get a connection error too. (no offense)

Reactions: tjexp

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
things can connect online when the header is incorrect, for example with pokemon i could get mystery gifts online via wifi, but i could not redeem a serial code event. (meaning that i reckon it's possible for the game to know about an update yet still not be able to actually play online)
so, thanks for your help, but for the time being i'm going to think that if you also had the update, that you would get a connection error too. (no offense)
No worries bro

Reactions: cearp

Presentum

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So for people with usa consoles, wev cant play online? Can we use streetpass? This game is going to be so complicated since i know nada of japanese :P

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
not that i am 'paranoid', but, just in case, i think it is a good idea to use your own personal unique header to connect.
just in the small case that nintendo is keeping logs. - just to be extra safe :)

Which header did you use, I mean 4GB, 2GB, Card 1 or 2 etc..? also m8 how do you start a simple tournament in the game. I can find out how to start a one on one game but surely is there not a 1 player tournament mode available on the game, something a bit more you can get stuck into that lasts longer?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mega link works great on my gateway.
Figured out the menus, the character customization options are pretty nice :)
Anyone know how characters and stages are unlocked? Is it just by playing enough stages?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Which header did you use, I mean 4GB, 2GB, Card 1 or 2 etc..? also m8 how do you start a simple tournament in the game. I can find out how to start a one on one game but surely is there not a tournament mode?

the card size and card 1/2 is what changes the chip id (i think... right?)
the chip id and manufacturer i have in rom (that came with it), that work online are - 45F88090 - sandisk.

when i import my header, gw rom patcher 0.6 tells me to automatically fix it, i change it from macronix to sandisk, and the chip id is 45F80090 - different to the one that works.
shouldn't the patcher be able to generate the same chip id that is above?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
the card size and card 1/2 is what changes the chip id (i think... right?)
the chip id and manufacturer i have in rom (that came with it), that work online are - 45F88090 - sandisk.

when i import my header, gw rom patcher 0.6 tells me to automatically fix it, i change it from macronix to sandisk, and the chip id is 45F80090 - different to the one that works.
shouldn't the patcher be able to generate the same chip id that is above?

I really don't know, Rom Patcher v0.6 came up with Card 1 for me which I found very odd, anyway I just patched it with my personal 4GB Card 1 header and it works fine for me so far, not sure if it saves or anything like that cause I cannot understand what it is saying on screen? also do you know how to start a tournament match in the game cause I can only find one on one game also a platform style game and a going down a path game but I cannot find any tournament style game at all to get stuck into! just keep playing the one on one game gets a little boring after a while.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I really don't know, Rom Patcher v0.6 came up with Card 1 for me which I found very odd, anyway I just patched it with my personal 4GB Card 1 header and it works fine for me so far, not sure if it saves or anything like that cause I cannot understand what it is saying on screen? also do you know how to start a tournament match in the game cause I can only find one on one game also a platform style game and a going down a path game but I cannot find any tournament style game at all to get stuck into! just keep playing the one on one game gets a little boring after a while.

yeah, it works fine for me too, just not going online.
sorry buddy, i haven't even played the full game yet (only the demo), i just want to make sure i have online working first so that i don't need to keep messing about with the rom :)
i'll send you a message in a bit :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mega link works great on my gateway.
Figured out the menus, the character customization options are pretty nice :)
Anyone know how characters and stages are unlocked? Is it just by playing enough stages?
The easiest way is just playing matches. Every 10 matches will unlock a character (sometimes with their stage too IIRC). There are other ways (most involving Classic) but playing matches works too.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hmm... i even opened the rom that works online, used a hex editor to replace my own unique cart id... and it doesn't work.
maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i have done this with a bunch of games no problem...

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry buddy, i haven't even played the full game yet (only the demo), i just want to make sure i have online working first so that i don't need to keep messing about with the rom :)

Yeah great stuff, let me know. Yeah your all good to go m8, just use your 4GB, Card 1 personal header, inect as well m8 your good ;)

AngelZeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I thought the characters are all unlocked at the start or that's what it seemed like when I went to the character selection screen.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm... i even opened the rom that works online, used a hex editor to replace my own unique cart id... and it doesn't work.
maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i have done this with a bunch of games no problem...

Whats it doing?, did it not work at all even before you inserted the header just straight off the rom? remember m8 it takes a while to boot up, the black screen lasts a good 30 seconds plus before the game kicks in! it seems even longer when you change the header to your own for some odd reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...