Gaming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Release Thread

D

Deleted User

I'm playing the demo, while waiting is there anything anybody likes to know? (PS: I don't have codes to share.)

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah thats about right.

Is anyone getting the limited special edition SSB 3DS or are you all just going to be pirating losers? Personally I dont think it even looks that great. But then again, I was kinda disillusioned with SSB after melee sooooooo

I did like the box art for the 3DS version though. Pretty rad.
I am going to buy the game... The dual pack with a friend. But being able to play the Japanese version about a month ahead of the EU release is nice. Not going to buy the SSB-themed 3DS, though.

Eamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing the demo, while waiting is there anything anybody likes to know? (PS: I don't have codes to share.)

How is the framerate and performance? Is it stable? And does the chaotic action work well on a small screen? Are the controls okay with the 3DS setup or restricted?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually, I don't know if the demo has any spoilers (by that I mean things that haven't been officially released by Nintendo and staff), but I would like it if people won't spoil things here...
(inb4 people are purposely going to post spoilers here now to troll me...)

Iwata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah thats about right.

Is anyone getting the limited special edition SSB 3DS or are you all just going to be pirating losers? Personally I dont think it even looks that great. But then again, I was kinda disillusioned with SSB after melee sooooooo

I did like the box art for the 3DS version though. Pretty rad.

The limited edition comes at a really bad time with the new 3DS units launching so soon. I probably would have bought it even though it looks kind of meh, but instead I have a Japanese Chopper (from One Piece) 3DS LL and a copy of the Japanese Smash Bros on order that will hopefully ship soon.

Eamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this demo redeem code work in the UK? does anyone know at all.

Club Nintendo Europe will send EU codes to people who've fulfilled similar requirements to Platinum Users in Club America.
But I think all codes are region-locked. It's Nintendo, remember. Everything is region-locked.

Reactions: Reecey

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there are any noticeable slowdowns. I know the 3DS can probably handle 4 (or more depending on assist trophies, items, thrown pokemon) but at the detail that SSB requires? I dont know.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I don't know if the demo has any spoilers (by that I mean things that haven't been officially released by Nintendo and staff), but I would like it if people won't spoil things here...
(inb4 people are purposely going to post spoilers here now to troll me...)

I just unlocked Bomberman!!!!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Club Nintendo Europe will send EU codes to people who've fulfilled similar requirements to Platinum Users in Club America.
But I think all codes are region-locked. It's Nintendo, remember. Everything is region-locked.

Thanks I thought so trust Nintendo to let you down, bummer! :(

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there are any noticeable slowdowns. I know the 3DS can probably handle 4 (or more depending on assist trophies, items, thrown pokemon) but at the detail that SSB requires? I dont know.
The only slowdown I've experienced was online playing against friends. Oddly enough it was fine playing against random people online though :S

Iwata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I saw the 3DS version played extensively at the Best Buy showcase during E3 and I never saw a single slowdown. Chances are they are probably there somewhere, but for the most part it runs at a ridiculously solid 60 fps.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The limited edition comes at a really bad time with the new 3DS units launching so soon. I probably would have bought it even though it looks kind of meh, but instead I have a Japanese Chopper (from One Piece) 3DS LL and a copy of the Japanese Smash Bros on order that will hopefully ship soon.
I havent read up on the "new" 3DS. Can someone give me a primer on why I should get a new one instead of an older XL?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I havent read up on the "new" 3DS. Can someone give me a primer on why I should get a new one instead of an older XL?
The New 3DS is like the DSi. There will be a few exclusive games or there will be some games that can use the extra capabilities of the New 3DS. For example, Smash Bros can use Miiverse while the game is running on a New 3DS, but not on a normal 3DS.
The New 3DS has a second analog stick, more memory, a better CPU, increased viewing angle for 3D...

Reactions: BORTZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: yknow, old people and all +1