Gaming Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA) PAL guide

Neo3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried burning it 4 times now..

2 times on "No-Name" DVD+R DL, no good, didn't work. Got "Unable to read disc" just as I loaded the disc, on black screen.

2 times on Verbatim DVD+R DL, got: "Unable to read the disc", on disc load.

I tried downloading a pre-patched version, which had the same result as the others.

With the other ones, I did the patching myself.

I did one of each, on each media.

I have 3.2E, with D2CKey

Any ideas?

toastfromhell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get cannot read game disc also after the loading screen
frown.gif

wahh!

chaofan

Trophies
XP
Country
Alrighty, so would any of you guys know the answer to this question?:

- I was planning on importing the Smash Bros Brawl US version, as I have freeloader.
- One aspect that really bugs me is the lack of online random matches. One of my friends owned the Japanese version and we couldn't connect online unless it was through friend codes.
- Once SSBB comes out in the PAL regions though, would we then be able to connect with random matches? I would think that having servers in the PAL region would help it, but does the US SSBB automatically search for "Americanised" signals? IIRC all IP addresses are pretty much the same, but I just want to make sure before importing the US version.

I made a thread asking this same question, but the lack of replies suggest not a lot of people go to the Wifi-help/suggestion area
tongue.gif
Any replies are appreciated, so thanks in advance
happy.gif

Base

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Woot, first attempt at burning onto a "Verbatim DVD+R DL" disc at 2.4x, worked! Did everything on the guide and it works great.

Just one question: The bottom of the screen is cut off, does anyone know why? I can only see half the percentages.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chaofan, I have the US version of Brawl, here in the UK, on my PAL machine, and have had a couple of random matches ... better to lose to strangers than to friends lol ... some people can connect, others can't, it seems.

chaofan

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info, thebobdevil!

But do you reckon we (the PAL fans) will be able to connect to random matches mostly without the major lag or evil long waits once the title hits our shores? Say for example, at the moment you own the US Brawl. Will you be able to properly connect to Random Matches when it comes out in the UK?

I'm thinking that when Brawl comes here, the PAL serves (Europe/Australia) will be set up, and we'd be able to connect online with any copy of Brawl, be it Jap, US or PAL. What do you think?

darky90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Neo2000 This is regarding your post and whoever thats got a pal wii and a d2ckey chip. This is to make it 100% work

Get a TDK DL DISC with 2.4x and with ur super smash bros iso file just region free and change it to pal(default) and do nothing else to it. Burn it using imgburner at speed 2.4x with a layer break 2084960 as d2ckey requires this layer break( for wii key users dont set this layer break not nessaacery). Make sure you update fully in system update in the wii prior putting the disc in. Insert the disc it will ask for an update let it update 100% as this update wont brick your wii. After updating it will load the wrist strap warning then it starts loading then shows a white screen after about 5 seconds it will load the intro movie then your done with this u can play HDTV 480 i/p your choice and all the videos are smooth no crashes and mario works fine as well.

Hope this helps all those d2ckey users out there =)

darky90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also i need to mention those who burn there brawl and get a white screen and stops loading its probabaly due to bad media as i have experienced it myself using dodgy Dual layer disc =/ this applies to trucha signing and just burning the iso

omgwtfbbq!

Trophies
XP
Country
I've read through this whole thread and found a few people with this problem but no one has come up with a solution yet.

I followed the instructions on the front page to the letter, and I got past the update, the loading screen, then the screen went white for a second, after which is went green with the error message "unable to read game disc, read the Wii operations manual for more information"

Now I'm a bit worried, because I think the problem is that after swapping out the update file, it didn't perform the update that allows the Wii to read dual layer discs, and now I've done the update once, the Wii won't let me do it again.

This is the only reason I can think of why it's not working for me. Can someone else say whether they have never updated from SSBB and got it working, or whether they have a solution for this problem, or whether I am screwed and will never be able to play SSBB? =/ Maybe I will have to wait until another dual layer game is released or something...

any ideas, anyone?

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
with that dc2key guide a few posts up, would i need to use brick blocker to avoid bricking my wii...or is regionfrii only wats required???

thanks

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks bosscolor...i have already updated to 3.2 so were sweet as...

Cant wait till my download finishes!!! only 800mb left
biggrin.gif

iv been hanging out for soo long or this game..the download has been going or over a week!!!!

sifun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just did the Built in freeloader trick and 480p problems go away
smile.gif

Verbatim from singapore.. says on the back of the jewel case if you all wanted to know

darky90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea a few post up u dont need to brick block anything just make sure ur wii is update up to 3.1 or 3.2 yeah just follow my guide up there it should work 100% with d2ckeys as i tried it with 3 times with different wii;s chipped with d2ckey =)

Norx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
soul2soul said:
I have much easier. Works on my PAL Wiikey (latest software both Wii and Wiikey)

1 - Use RegionFrii on the ISO
2 - Use Brickblocker
3 - Burn ISO with Nero (I did no layerbreak)
4 - Put game in Wii.

No install needed, no double channels.

Followed this method, and recieved the 001 error, is there a quick way around this?

i cant find/workout key.bin how big the file or where to download it to be able to follow the OP step by step guide,
any help will be great thanks

QUOTE(rodak @ Mar 10 2008, 09:55 PM) 13. Download Prophets modified __update.inf http://www.filefactory.com/file/6672f5
can someone host this file? having trouble dling from the provided link

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
ahhahaa nice..i can't wait ey..only 200mb to go
biggrin.gif

tomoros gona be a long day of ssbb!!!!

thanks alot darky90

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Since Trucha signer is going to get pwned by the next update try this method :

No dupe channels
Just do the following:
- Insert Freeloader, let it load
- Eject Freeloader
- Insert Freeloader, let it load (again)
- Eject Freeloader
- Insert Brawl
- Accept the update (I was on 3.2E)
( Wii reboots )
- Insert Freeloader
- Eject Freeloader
- Insert Brawl
( Enjoy :] )

ps: you just need to insert freeloader two times before the update; after that you just inser freeloader 1 tim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.