Dsy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For those who got a legit copy of SSBB and a Wiikey there is a way to play the Original but this disables the Wiikey so no backups will work.
You need to use the official recover disk to reflash it an play backups again.

Here is how to perform it:

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS WORKAROUND AT ALL !!!

Got my copy of smash and doesn't work like all others with wiikey.
So sitting most of day reading here and others places I remembered wiikey has a recovery disc, So let the games begin.

I personally tested twice and it works.

1. Perform a firmware update (doesn't matter which one).
2. Know the scary part, pull the power plug during update.
3. Plug Wii back in and restart.
4. Play SSBB.
5. Run recovery disc 1.9b to enable WiiKey again.

Like i said I performed this twice.
First time pulled plug at 50% and got random disc ejects.
Second time pulled plug at 75% and seems O.K.

so do it at your own risk !!!

This is not my Work i found this by randomly surfing on the web
wink.gif

Hope this helps you guys.

EDIT: This Step is pretty risky so if you cant wait to play your original copy of SSBB do it and hope it works correctly.
It corrupts your Wiikey firmwire and the wiikey some kind of shuts off and if you are unlucky your wiikey will be damaged permanently this is my WARNING to you guys !

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dsy said:
For those who got a legit copy of SSBB and a Wiikey there is a way to play the Original but this disables the Wiikey so no backups will work.
You need to use the official recover disk to reflash it an play backups again.

Here is how to perform it:

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS WORKAROUND AT ALL !!!

Got my copy of smash and doesn't work like all others with wiikey.
So sitting most of day reading here and others places I remembered wiikey has a recovery disc, So let the games begin.

I personally tested twice and it works.

1. Perform a firmware update (doesn't matter which one).
2. Know the scary part, pull the power plug during update.
3. Plug Wii back in and restart.
4. Play SSBB.
5. Run recovery disc 1.9b to enable WiiKey again.

Like i said I performed this twice.
First time pulled plug at 50% and got random disc ejects.
Second time pulled plug at 75% and seems O.K.

so do it at your own risk !!!

This is not my Work i found this by randomly surfing on the web
wink.gif

Hope this helps you guys.

EDIT: This Step is pretty risky so if you cant wait to play your original copy of SSBB do it and hope it works correctly.
It corrupts your Wiikey firmwire and the wiikey some kind of shuts off and if you are unlucky your wiikey will be damaged permanently this is my WARNING to you guys !

Wiikey reflashes the whole chip if you upgrade (or downgrade etc..), so you can't really corrupt it
wink.gif
This trick should be harmless to the Wiikey.
It's only a hassle because every time you want to play an backup you need to use the recovery disc and reflash the chip.

wolfman417

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would like to confirm some issues with wiikey
1st Wiikey version 1.9g and the newest firmwear 3.1 or 3.2 whatever it is will read dual layered discs. i know this because i have been playing the jap version of a month now
2nd IF YOU HAVE A CLONED WIIKEY THIS GAME (ANY DUAL LAYERED GAME) OR OTHER GAMES MADE BY NINTENDO MAY NOT WORK
3rd do not burn this game at 1x. burn at 2.4 or 4x. Burned one copy at 1x and it did not work. burned another at max and worked just fine

LOVE TL

DONT ADD MY BRAWL FRIEND CODE THAT WAS MY FIREND CODE FOR THE JAP RELEASE WII REPLACE WITH NEW.

Posts merged

downloading at 619kb 3h remaining HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH will sell copys for 30 bucks lol jk

Viictoriio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wolfman417 said:
I would like to confirm some issues with wiikey
1st Wiikey version 1.9g and the newest firmwear 3.1 or 3.2 whatever it is will read dual layered discs. i know this because i have been playing the jap version of a month now
2nd IF YOU HAVE A CLONED WIIKEY THIS GAME (ANY DUAL LAYERED GAME) OR OTHER GAMES MADE BY NINTENDO MAY NOT WORK
3rd do not burn this game at 1x. burn at 2.4 or 4x. Burned one copy at 1x and it did not work. burned another at max and worked just fine
So you're talking about the Wiizard release right?

Tavaritj

Trophies
XP
Country
Uploading at 3.9 mb/s, downloading at 75 kb/s on the afterdawn torrent. Hope someone is getting good speeds out there!

About the Wiizard release, everyone sure its not the leaked demo from way back? The one I was aware of was a single layer release though, so if its a DL one its probably not it.

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but does the NTSC-U version work in 480P mode?

I know the JAP version doesn't on my PAL console, would be interested to know if that's a region thing or if Brawl just doesn't support 480P...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
lombers said:
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but does the NTSC-U version work in 480P mode?

I know the JAP version doesn't on my PAL console, would be interested to know if that's a region thing or if Brawl just doesn't support 480P...

thats what i would like to know, if it has the same graphical errors as the japanese version? if it does then i will leave it on 480i then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...