Super Smash Bros. 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ProSwordZ, Feb 4, 2011.

Feb 4, 2011

Super Smash Bros. 3DS by ProSwordZ at 1:11 AM (3,426 Views / 0 Likes) 27 replies

1. ProSwordZ
    OP

Newcomer ProSwordZ Newbie

United States
    Wouldn't it be awesome if Nintendo made the next smash bros in to a 3DS game, they probably won't make it though,if somebody made it, it would be a must buy,
    like OoT (ocarina of time) 3DS
    [​IMG]

2. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    Yes it would be awesome....and I wouldn't be too sure that Nintendo wouldn't make it......The ssb series does sell like hotcakes....

Ohh and welcome to the temp...

3. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Wouldn't be the first time they moved a series from console to handheld.
    Mario Party DS did well, didn't it?

It would be awesome if they added some of their 3rd party friends like capcom's fighters to the roster.

4. zRussian

Newcomer zRussian Advanced Member

United States
    I was hoping they would make a SSB on the DS but I guess if it were on the 3DS it would be much better.

5. geenlung

geenlung Newbie

I'm not sure how well SSB on the 3DS would work. Even on a TV, my character looks microscopic in SSBB. They need to make smaller stages for the 3DS.

6. Wintrale

Member Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Give us Super Smash Bros 3DS and Jump Stars 3DS and I'll never need another fighting game ever again.

7. Cloak519

Member Cloak519 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

It will almost certainly happen.
    I got the feeling they were holding off before because of hardware limitations. Not saying a Smash Bros. game would be like... unplayable on a DS... but I don't think it would be as 'epic' as Brawl.
    Now they don't have those problems as such.

8. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I think they also gave that as a reason. They didn't want to release a handheld variation unless they could make it perfect. I feel that now, they can finally make the game we've been waiting for. I can't wait to see this hit shelves (or be sorely disappointed).

9. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    And then Mario Party died.

Nintendo has been saying again and again that they would really hate to bring a game like SSB to a handheld. SSB is something that should be played on a bigscreen with friends.

10. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I could see it working well now that players have their own dedicated screen. The top screen could generally be zoomed into your own character. Not too far in, but not too far out. Since each player would have their own screen, it would be less important to see the entire screen at all times, their view can generally stay zoomed farther in on their own character. I'd have the bottom screen take on a rather basic 2D perspective. It would show the entire stage as a basic 2D map layout, and dots/numbers/character avatars representing the players or CPU characters. The dots would move around the minimap, showing you where everyone is within the stage, meaning the top screen view wouldn't have to be constantly zooming out to make sure everyone can see their player.

That seems the ideal way to do it anyways. The reason the series has had to zoom out so much in the past and make things look microscopic was generally due to the multiplayer element. All players had to use the same screen real estate to see their character. But on a handheld, every player has their own screen and zooming way out to see everyone isn't necessary anymore. Nor is split screen (Mario Kart for example has already shown us how it's done going from console to handheld. Split screen on console, individual screens on the DS).

@Slyakin

Where did Nintendo or whoever had a part in the SSB series EVER say they didn't want the series on a handheld? I've never heard that, i'd like a source and quote of such a statement. If Mario Kart DS can prove that not only can the series work on a handheld, but end up being considered the best entry in the series, i see no reason why SSB couldn't work on a handheld.

11. Nollog

Ireland
    I thought mp8 or 9 killed it on the wii, then they made the DS version years later.

They say a lot of things.

12. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Mario Party 4 was when it started getting bad...but I digress.

I would like to see SSB on the 3DS (with some Gameboy newcomers if possible).

13. alexg1989

Member alexg1989 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Jump Ultimate will never happen... too many legal hoops to jump through and seriously, unless it's completely revamped in full 3D, I don't see the point of them making it for 3DS. I didn't really even like it all that much for DS...

14. machomuu

United States
    That's only if they try to bring it to outside of Japan.

15. Nollog

Ireland
    I thought they never tried to bring Jump outside Japan. Did I miss something?

16. machomuu

United States
    They didn't because of legal issues but also because they didn't think it'd be popular, there's still a chance they'll make a new one but it definitely won't leave Japan.

17. Nollog

Ireland
    I get that. Funi and co. would be a nightmare on top of the original creators.
    But the bolded part I'm sure is the real reason.

I'm sure they'll make one for 3DS or a console.
    May be a while though.

18. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I agree with you on that single line. If they thought the game was profitable they would have gone through those legal hoops 10000x over and even dumb down the game to make it worse.

Money is always the answer with Nintendo.

19. pachura

Member pachura GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switching between the upper stereoscopic screen and the bottom regular screen would be a total pain for your eyes.

20. tigers_ran

tigers_ran Newbie

True that, but a 3D effect would make for some good looking final smashes. Perhaps the top screen could be used for the game and the bottom could have your % damage taken and show teams.