YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
Blaze163 said:
Sweet. Despite its wonky controls and blatant exploits (IE: the basket trick), Scribblenauts was still a decent game with a lot of potential. If this one irons out a few of the flaws, it'll be well worth my time.

I Googled "Scriblenauts Basket Trick" and this post was the first entry. I lqtm'd so hard.
Found the trick in question. It was listed as "Vending Machine Trick". You attach handcuffs to a starite, spawn a basket, then try to attach the other side of the handcuffs to a vending machine or a basket (it's a little trickier with a basket, but at least it fits in most levels). If you attach it correctly, you get a popup with "Fill" or "attach" as options. Choose 'fill'. The starite goes into the basket. Then move the basket to where Maxwell is, open the basket, and voila, you just completed the level. Keep in mind that this trick requires that the starite is on-screen.

EDIT: I managed to find a game-crashing glitch. Find a level with water (or just use the beach scene on the "Press Start" screen). Put a rope in the water, and attach a fireball to it. The game freezes.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes!!!! I loved the first one. although I never actually beat it for some reason....I know what im doing later
biggrin.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, I'm not sure about a sequel. The first one's kinda fun but I didn't love it like I thought I would and put it down halfway through. While it's amazing they managed to pack an entire dictionary into it, a lot of the objects don't actually do anything. It's a bit frustrating when things don't work, I know they can't feasibly set up object interactions with such a huge set of objects but doesn't sound like this game will fix that.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
FlameTakuya said:
I was hoping that the game's graphics would be more polished, but from the looks of the screenshots, it still looks like homebrew. :/

Yeah, it's a shame that the same people who made Drawn To Life, which had some snazzy sprite animation, decided to go with the tween style again...

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes! They did such a nice job with Drawn to Life, I simply cannot understand why they can't have their graphics to be at least a fraction of that quality.

I hope the graphics aren't suffering because of the diverse gameplay... (Well more like diverse choices, actually)

D

Deleted_171835

Hype will not be the same as the first game. I remember going insane for this game just to find out it has shitty controls.
Sigh. This time I'll pirate it to check and then purchase it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn