ROM Hack RELEASE Super Robot Taisen V SEA English Premium Anime & Sound Edition Patch

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Super Robot Wars V Premium Anime & Sound Edition Patch for SEA English version of the game.

This will enable the music from previously Japan-only Premium Anime & Sound Edition of Super Robot Wars V in the SEA English release of the game.
Meaning that English-speaking users will finally be able to experience the music that was previously exclusive to the Japanese version of the game.

Installation:
First, download the patch package from one of the links below which contain all the necessary files:

Mirror 1 (GDrive): https://pastebin.com/V441insp

After downloading the patch, extract the contents of the archive with the mod to a folder of your own choice, it's compressed in 7z format which can be unpacked using 7zip or WinRAR, though I recommend 7zip for best compatibility to avoid any potential issues.

Next you'll want to make sure you're using a CFW with LayeredFS like Atmosphere.

The process is more complicated with the Switch version of SRW V than with my previous patches due to developers of the game unfortunately making some nasty changes to how the Premium Sound music is loaded - namely the game is forced into Japanese language, as such the process will require a workaround as I haven't been able to figure out a better method.

What you need to do BEFORE installing this patch, is make sure you launch the game in English at least once and SAVE your game - I can't stress out how critical this is, once you have started the game in English and saved, you can safely quit and follow the rest of instructions.

Now all you will need to do is select the "Contents" folder from this unpacked music patch archive and copy it to the directory used for LayeredFS on your memory card - this is crucial.
On Atmosphere, it's the "atmosphere" folder on the root of your memory card, put the "Contents" folder from this music patch archive inside that "atmosphere" folder.
The patch is for the SEA English version of the game (0100CA400E300000).

Now, upon launching the game with the patch installed you will notice that it has changed to Japanese language, that is because of the change by developers I mentioned earlier and this is where the earlier step with making a save while the game was still in English comes in.
All you need to do is simply load that save, loading the save will turn the game back into English for the remainder of your playing session and you can enjoy it with all the benefits of the extra Premium Sound music, you can safely save in this manner (it won't ruin your save or turn it into Japanese) and as long as you keep loading English-langauge saves with the patch installed you will be able to continue playing in English without issue.

The only thing left for you at this point is to simply start the game and enjoy it with the Premium Anime & Sound Edition patch in all its restored glory!

There's also similar patches for SRW X and SRW T available right now:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/super-r...ish-premium-anime-sound-edition-patch.584882/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/super-r...ish-premium-anime-sound-edition-patch.550655/

CREDITS:
Canzah - Adapting Premium Anime & Sound Edition files for SEA English release of the game.
Zestiva - For originally figuring out the method in a similar patch of his for Super Robot Wars T.
Special thanks to an Anonymous user from 4chan's /hbg/ that brought Zestiva's work to my attention which allowed me to replicate the process for SRW T, and for pointing out to me that lack of one extra file was causing bootloop in Switch version of SRW V.

CHANGELOG:
V1
- First Release!
- Premium Anime & Sound Edition Music fully enabled for SEA English version

Last edited by Canzah,

shadowkillerdrag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I cant seem to get this one to work. It worked fine on the SRW T version putting the titles folder in SXOS, but with SRW V it just stays on the nintendo switch loading menu

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I didn't have time to test it, apparently they changed how the game loads files in this port so I'll need to make adjustments, removed the link for the time being.

Reactions: hellionz

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
you have all my love bro....i stopped play awiting your patch.....plz hurry!!!!

thx for your great work!!!!

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any good news bro?
It's unfortunately not that simple, for whatever reason the developer changed the way the game behaves with this release. In previous games, simply changing premium sound flag from "false" to "true" and adding the necessary files from the Premium Sound edition was enough. However in this game, setting the flag to "true" forces the game to change to Japanese, possibly as a counter measure to prevent enabling the music for other regions.
As such it will take me more time to figure out how to go on about doing this.

jadefox36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It's unfortunately not that simple, for whatever reason the developer changed the way the game behaves with this release. In previous games, simply changing premium sound flag from "false" to "true" and adding the necessary files from the Premium Sound edition was enough. However in this game, setting the flag to "true" forces the game to change to Japanese, possibly as a counter measure to prevent enabling the music for other regions.

i know you can do it!! best of luck!

Reactions: hellionz

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In case anyone is worried, there is a quick and dirty workaround for this I could post right now but I'd rather exhaust other options to see if I can do it properly.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country

Lets go mate!!! you can!!! i will temper my anxiety and give you my best wishes!!!!

Last edited by hellionz,

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Patch is back online with necessary fixes and updated instructions specific to this version of the game, as the process differs a bit from what it was for SRW V/X on Vita and SRW T on Switch.
I apologize for the long delay.

You dont need to say sorry for nothing bro....i will try it ....really thx for your work....mazinger 0 with real theme!!!!

evilinc

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
thanks for your work man!

Unfortunately, I copied everything as per your instruction to my sxos. Made sure the music path is right and in the correct folder but nothing change.

The game is still running in English and the music is the same.

Are there any other users with similar experience?

evilinc

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
thanks for your work man!

Unfortunately, I copied everything as per your instruction to my sxos. Made sure the music path is right and in the correct folder but nothing change.

The game is still running in English and the music is the same.

Are there any other users with similar experience?

Nevermind guys, once you put the files there, reboot your Switch once and it is working like a charm.

Thanks again for the file, Canzah!

jadefox36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Patch is back online with necessary fixes and updated instructions specific to this version of the game, as the process differs a bit from what it was for SRW V/X on Vita and SRW T on Switch.
I apologize for the long delay.

thank you again buddy it works great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over