Super Mario Maker 2 announced, launches this June

One of the most memorable games on the Wii U, Super Mario Maker, is getting a sequel. There's a whole host of new things shown off in the trailer, such as being able to create slopes in levels, and the cat suit powerup from Super Mario 3D World being used in 2D. Once more, players will be able to make their own custom courses when it launches this June for the Nintendo Switch.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One of the most memorable games on the Wii U, Super Mario Maker, is getting a sequel. There's a whole host of new things shown off in the trailer, such as being able to create slopes in levels, and the cat suit powerup from Super Mario 3D World being used in 2D. Once more, players will be able to make their own custom courses when it launches this June for the Nintendo Switch.

Give me the ability to use a 2nd switch as a gamepad! arrrggh.
also 2 players please.

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one thing that's left that I'm really hoping for is the ability to link levels together in some way, so people can make their own game-length level sets. I've seen some of the really cool ROM hacks out there, and being able to do something similar officially would be really great!

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: lordelan

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
if they include a story mode i will buy it, if its just make your own levels again i will pass, i don't like making my own game lol.
This one probably won't have a story mode either. The closest thing to that was the Super Mario Challenge mode in the 3DS version of SMM (100 new courses designed by Nintendo; each course had a couple of challenges that would reward you with a medal upon completion).

Reactions: CoolStarDood

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah but like a ten year old waiting a year and a half is kinda a big ask. I'm sure they'll have gotten their money's worth out of a Wii U in that time compared to what the Switch has had. Not to be downselling how amazing the Switch is or anything, but the Wii U was pretty decent, especially for kids.

well my arumentation was that the wiiu want get new games and the switch will. imagine sitting in a classroom full of kids talking about the new mario game and than realising it wont come to your new console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: