Gaming Super Mario Kart Wii free of snaking

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I havn't really been keeping up with MK but I will be buying it on release day. I love anything MK. Will we also be able to play the game with the GC controler? I'm assuming so but i just want to make sure.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shuny said:
A 4 years old can press alternatively L and R like a retard too, so the argument snaking removed to make game more easy is stupid
Yes, they can. But to perfect it takes imense skill and time. Anyone can snake down the track, but it doesnt mean they are going to be any faster if they're no good at it. Age doesnt matter when it comes to games.
And no one here is going to take you seriously with posts looking like that. You dont know how to even play this game, L fires your item you jackass! How can you press a button like a retard?
Im not wasting my time.

Vampire Hunter D said:
KATZ takam knows because he read the same damn thing I did when MKDS was discovered to do that. Most the DS onliners started bitching like crazy about it to Nintendo in many regions. Eventually Miyamoto himself addressed it calling it an unforseeable exploit they accidentally overlooked in the game and said that it was not in the spirit of the game and that it bothered him.

I remember talking this up a year ago on a game board elsewhere and back then I was able to find the quote online and linked it up. If someone wants to bother go ahead as I dunno if I want to search that out again, but if I do I'll link it. All I could find is a modern reference at this game site: http://www.kombo.com/article.php?artid=10888

If NOA/NCL claims it's a glitch they overlooked, then it is NOT intended to happen, but if people do (and did) discover it then they have nothing they can do but feel bad about it because you can't upgrade patch a DS card like a PC game. Nintendo was adamant after seeing how many stopped using the wifi game end of it and with even more of the complaining to not have it happen again.

As such the Wii game to come was not pussied out as some snake users here want to make up to feel better about themselves, they just retooled the drifting and miniboost mechanics so there is a time gap there so it can't be done in straightaways anymore. I applaud them for following through on their dismay and desire to fix the issue. The issue was a main reason I quit playing MKDS online but the larger of them were the wankers teleporting and other crap using hacks and cheats that finished it.For starters, it wasnt somthing that was 'discovered' MT's (mini turbo's) have been in every mario kart. Doing them as much as possible isnt somthing to be 'discovered', its freaking common sense if you want to get the best times. Unforseeable exploit? If he cant see somone using boosts to their advantage, myamoto is a tosser. believe it or not, 'snaking' wasnt a new thing, so im sure the developers knew it was going to happen. Do you want me to post a vid of the donut plains staff ghost? Across the grass he does a right facing MT followed by a left MT... sue him!!!
You have to admit having timed MT's slows down the pace of the game. A time gap isnt going to stop anyone from doing MT's on straights.. It only stops them from doing them A LOT on straights. The only way to stop snaking or SSMT's (i prefer) is making boosts more like MK64. You have to keep the kart straight after you release R to keep your boost. As soon as you turn, you lose speed. If they wanted to stop snaking, they would make it like that.
"wankers" wern't teleporting, thats what you call bad lag. You obviously dont play many online games and a bit of competition is knew to you. Untill the AR came out, if you didnt play online all day and night, you would never come across a hacker. People that chose offline tracks were very rare back then, and even then its not a bad hack.

snaking might have kept you and a lot of other people off wifi, but it also kept the majority of people on. Snakers hate going up against anti-snakers (no competition) and vise versa. Nintendo with their dodgy match up's are to blame. This game kept me interested for more than 2 years... and its because of the advanced techniqes.

I didnt want snaking in MKwii, mostly so everyone can stop bitching about it, so im not angry or disapointed that it's (apparently) not included. But I am pissed that nintendo listend to the complaints of anti-snakers and changed the game as a result.

Did anyone watch TB1's video I posted?? comments?

Gifted1 said:
Will we also be able to play the game with the GC controler? I'm assuming so but i just want to make sure.
You assumed correct.

QUOTE(bosscolor @ Mar 22 2008, 03:29 PM)
I was a pro snaker in on the ds version of the game and from now I can admit that it was really unfair and shitty to snake.
You could even dodge blue shell while doing a lilltle technique.

Nice for Mariokart wii !! No more cheat
No you wern't. If I havnt heard of you, you wernt a pro
tongue.gif

And dodging blue shells wasnt a cheat either, it was a technique involving you to charge an MT and hold it while the shell stopped above your head, then quickly releasing R to get you boost allowing you to get the hell outer there followed by a swift hop. If you got the timing right, it dodges the shell. 100cc it was really only possible on slicker surfaces such as CCB, Ci2, any mud areas, and down hills like the last corner of F8C. Depends on what your definition for 'cheat' is, but IMO its called skill. in 150cc you can dodge em allmost anywhere.

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
/quote]No you wern't. If I havnt heard of you, you wernt a pro
tongue.gif

And dodging blue shells wasnt a cheat either, it was a technique involving you to charge an MT and hold it while the shell stopped above your head, then quickly releasing R to get you boost allowing you to get the hell outer there followed by a swift hop. If you got the timing right, it dodges the shell. 100cc it was really only possible on slicker surfaces such as CCB, Ci2, any mud areas, and down hills like the last corner of F8C. Depends on what your definition for 'cheat' is, but IMO its called skill. in 150cc you can dodge em allmost anywhere.
[/quote]

I didn't said dodging blue shells is cheat it's a skill which need some practice , I agree on that point. If you havnt heard about me it's just bcauz I was focusing on the french mk ds scene and was a member of KaiserPredators but I stopped playing this game.
Btw mk wii will need more skill with the brand new wiimote maniability and without the obligation of doing snaking to win a race

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, the blue shell trick is a little different than what you described and can be done on any course. You have to be in miniturbo, the latest color then jump right at the exact moment the blue shell touches the ground. I do it all the time and my friends wants to cut my head off.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You know, they could have saved themselves a lot of outrage if they had just kept MK64's MT system instead of the snake-friendly DD and DS systems...
Anyone agree?

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wabo said:
Actually, the blue shell trick is a little different than what you described and can be done on any course. You have to be in miniturbo, the latest color then jump right at the exact moment the blue shell touches the ground. I do it all the time and my friends wants to cut my head off.
Yeah and I said "in 150cc you can dodge em allmost anywhere"
I put the 'allmost anywhere' in there because your not going to dodge any blue shells on the grass/thick snow/other crap that slows you down are you?

And in 100cc which we're talking about, it potentially can be done on any course, but for most people its near impossible. Tracks like sky garden make it hard becuase there are no down hill slopes or slippery areas. Im not even sure if anyones made a dodge on sky garden 100cc.

bosscolor said:
I didn't said dodging blue shells is cheat it's a skill which need some practice , I agree on that point. If you havnt heard about me it's just bcauz I was focusing on the french mk ds scene and was a member of KaiserPredators but I stopped playing this game.
Btw mk wii will need more skill with the brand new wiimote maniability and without the obligation of doing snaking to win a race
Hmmm never heard of that team before. The best french team/clan are [KA] with players like Nyko, julian, and Zebigboss to name a few. Im sure you might have been good, but if you stopped playing early on, odds are your skill isnt anything near professional leval.

QUOTE(Hitto @ Mar 24 2008, 08:46 PM)
You know, they could have saved themselves a lot of outrage if they had just kept MK64's MT system instead of the snake-friendly DD and DS systems...
Anyone agree?
Thats one thing we can agree on MK64 > MKDS/MKDD

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Snaking is skill, not cheating. I love it. Actionreplay is cheating, when using unlimited flash or setting yourself to 150cc. Just use Egg1 and drive the first track 20 times, then you are able to do it. ^^
MK needs a method to sort out good players by giving them a possibility to win without the help of many items imho.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hitto said:
Anyone agree?

This is funny but I have to agree. The 64 game play was extremely fun and simple. It was the last game that had traditional karts. Mario Kart 64 was my favorite of the series until Mario Kart DS came out. Mario Kart DS was more competitive for me along with the option of online play.

When the jump to Double Dash came I was very disappointed. You had vehicles that didn't look like karts and boring tracks. hehe

If they kept it simple like the 64 it would have been more enjoyable for me.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MADKATZ are you farkin stupid? Did I ever say that mini-turbos in my post were not legit or other crap? NO. Did I even bring up the mini-turbo as a problem? NO. I only said it was retooled in the game along with the drifting mechanic. You got an attitude problem if you can't handle that the creator of Mario and one of the creators of Mario Kart itself said it was a glitch and that's really sad. You have to call Miyamoto a tosser because he finds you exploiting something they left in the game on accident dishonorable and wrong to use as it's against the spirit of the game. You're pathetic.

Furthermore idiot I do play online games, just not online racing games. I'm quite familiar with the teleporting of lag, but the teleporting I'm referring to I recall being whined about as some crap people could do using an Action Replay. For the last 15months nearly every night I've been doing online gaming with Guild Wars primarily in active/alliance battle which are 12 on 12 maps, massive capture the flag combat areas so I know what lag is thanks and I'm not new.

Snaking in great part kept me from doing MKDS outside of rivals mode. I learned to do it when the game was new and found I didn't like what it did so I quit and wouldn't use it against others online. When the others issues with AR cheaters and stuff popped up I put the game away, sold it many months later. I find it funny people like you rip on the game maker as a jackass (or tosser as you said which I think is the equal to asshole in British) because he doesn't agree it is an 'advanced technique.'

Honestly I see no reason to even argue this crap because those who want to do that can, and only in that game. Nintendo saw a problem with it when they missed it in testing and people started doing it online. When it was found they got upset and obviously hated they couldn't fix the problem so they told gamers when it came up about MK Wii they'd 'fix' the problem to make sure it didn't happen again...just like the wave dash glitch it Melee. In both cases, they fixed the problems, and it just pisses you guys off. So I guess, what you like to always say to thsoe who won't or can't now applies to you... GET USED TO IT!

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hitto said:
There are professional-level Mk players?
Like, they earn money and shit just playing mario kart? I gotta get in on this.
They do it for a hobby and because its fun, not for money.

@ Vampire Hunter:

Whoaaa, somones got sand in his vagina!
yaynds.gif

relax, theres no need to get so worked up.

Where did I acuse you of saying MT's wern't legit? Who does he think he is telling us how the spirit of the game should be? Im sure thats up to the playa

I dont believe you can give me a link quoting myamoto when he said he was upset and 'hated' the technique being in the game. Everyone says the same old thing... but they can never prove it. You have to be really dumb not to forsee people using mini turbos to their adavantage on straights, especially because every man and his dog knew about it in double dash. That, and its common sence to go faster you need more boosts. We dont care about 'spirt of the game' or secret racing morals, where just trying to get the fastest times, which is the whole goal of a racing game.

Your agument is useles...

And there was no 'teleportation' cheats for action replay. Im not familiar with SSBM, but I know a lot of competative players say SSBM is a far better game, becuase theres more advanced techniques and its faster paced than SSBB. I can't believe they are willing to change these things just becasue a few people dont like a bit of complexity.

"For the last 15months nearly every night I've been doing online gaming with Guild Wars"
Oh... im sorry i was unaware you had no life... You should have said that in the begining. Please accept my apoligies.

MarcoZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This "snaking flame" is useless. I didn't love it, but i accepted it. It was a friggin' feature. If you don't like it then why are you playing the game? Get another one and shut up. If nintendo says it's a feature then they're right. They just didn't implement it in MKWii because it got really abused and MKWii is supposed to be somewhat similar to a party game, not an hardcore game. So the newbs won't get their ass kicked online (Until something else becomes abused, of course...). Similar to l-cancel and all of the things they removed from SSBB.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My argument is useless...that's amusing.

Since you're claiming that the 'snaking' thing is a legit move that places the burden of proof on you to show that it was intended and supported by Nintendo. Can YOU give me a quote from Nintendo staff? (Or anyone who supports the stuff for that matter.)

Yah it's hollow because I can't find the original quote, but if I ever do it'll be pasted all over the damn place...count on it.

By the way you douchebag, I have a life. It's just that my wife works long hours and hits the sack at 9pm and I don't do the old people 'matlock and applesauce' hours so I find something to do with that for an hour or two with a co-worker of mine who has a 1 and 2yo so he can't leave to do stuff. But hey if that is no life...fine whatever makes you happy because ultimately on both counts you're full of shit.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
My argument is useless...that's amusing.

Since you're claiming that the 'snaking' thing is a legit move that places the burden of proof on you to show that it was intended and supported by Nintendo. Can YOU give me a quote from Nintendo staff? (Or anyone who supports the stuff for that matter.)

Yah it's hollow because I can't find the original quote, but if I ever do it'll be pasted all over the damn place...count on it.

By the way you douchebag, I have a life. It's just that my wife works long hours and hits the sack at 9pm and I don't do the old people 'matlock and applesauce' hours so I find something to do with that for an hour or two with a co-worker of mine who has a 1 and 2yo so he can't leave to do stuff. But hey if that is no life...fine whatever makes you happy because ultimately on both counts you're full of shit.
Bahahahaha, your funny... I like you, but your crazy
biggrin.gif

I dont need to find a quote saying it was intended... it shows you how to do mini turbos in the instruction book, thats all your doing, a hella lot of MT's. Theres no where in the book it says "YOU MUST NOT DO THIS ON STRAIGHTS" After looking at some nub on youtube trying snake F8C, for the first time in 2 years I can see what you mean.. it does look pretty stupid and cheap. Only becuase hes a novice and hes not doing it right, but its the same concept. But hey, wheres the harm in that? Its certainly more fun than doing nothing on that huge boring straight. I didnt make MT's so easy to do, so you cant blame me... You can play the game however you want, but dont try to stop the competative people out there from doing what they do best, and getting kick ass times!!!! Its a lot of work to perfect the art of snaking properly, it takes atleast 500 hours of solid gameplay. You try not to let it get to you, but how dare people say somthing like that isnt a skill when you spend so much of your time trying to perfect it.

Mario kart DS was pretty much the only game I played, so most my spare time went on trying to get into the top #20 time trialers world wide... needless to say I only made it to #28 when I stopped because it started to get more of a chore than having fun. Afterwards I only have a few friend matches here and there, which is where the fun is really at. But the moral of the storey is do what you have fun at. If you enjoy the game more driving a slow paced game, go ahead, but dont stop others from what they have more fun with. Im not saying you do, but anti snakers in general want the whole snaking thing banned from mkds somhow...

Do you want me to upload DP1 staff ghost? It shows him/her do a left to right facing MT in the grass. To me that means its supported. By looking at the vid closley, you can tell they are actually a lot better at the game than they make out to be. They just have to go slow so people can beat their time
unsure.gif
All the staff ghosts (exept DP1) can be beaten pretty easily without any MT's at all, so that pretty much proves my theory

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow everyones going nut im seeing like essays on each page on how its not cheat or how it is cheating i mean if nintendo take snaking away owell how long will it actuly be before the MK players find another way to exploit something. just chill imo MK is compettative but not for pros more for the casual ppl im mean its supposed to be fun not just about winning.

A1M2N4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.TakaM said:
MillionsKnives said:
I agree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that was just plain ignorant. Calling people "douches" and "cocky douches" over a video game is pretty sad. If you don't like it, then deal with it and go play with friends that you know don't snake. What are you, one of those people that automatically thinks everyone hacks when you get owned in Counter-Strike?

I personally never play Mario Kart DS online because of the ACTUAL cheating that goes on. One player I played against was able to give him stars at will during any time of the race. Same with Tetris DS and people who cheat by giving themselves all straight pieces. It's shit like that which makes a game suck.
god damn it..
I thought I made it quite clear I know snaking isn't a cheat, glitch or teh haxorz, it's an exploit- like punching someone in the balls.

Say you're in a fight, you think "hey, I won't punch this guy in the balls, and he won't punch me in the balls" then *BAM*
"what pussy? you think I'm cheating? you just can't take a challenge dur hur hur"

And I stopped playing MKDS a few months after it came out, I had a few good online races, and guess what- they all came down to fun, and not challenge.
As in stopping at corners to have battles, racing in reverse, trying to push each other off rainbow road.
Way more fun than snaking through the tracks like a douche like a douche like a cocky piece of shit douche.

Seriously, people who think it makes the game challenging are just pathetic.
It's nice you found a way to challenge yourself, but why don't you shut the fuck up and realize you're not challenging others- you're just pissing off everyone else who wants to have fun
Nice arguement, call everyone pathetic and douches, that'll get everyone to see your point.
How about I call you a fucking gay piece of shit faggot for not snaking? It's the same exact thing.
In snaking, nobody every says "Yo I'm not gonna snake" and then does it. They snake, they don't tell you they're not, it's completely different arguement.
Therefore, your arguement fails. Oh, by the way, I'm gonna use your logic. You're a pathetic douche faggot for that lame arguement.
Nah, I'm not gonna go that way, but now you see what I'm getting at, unless you really are a pathetic douche faggot, then sucks for you.

And who the fuck are you to tell us how we are supposed to have fun? Huh?
You think that just because we like to challenge ourselves and play competitively means we're not having fun? You expect us to have fun holding the A button for 5 minutes on Figure 8? For real man, you don't have a saying in what makes things fun for us, we do, it's our opinion. If you have fun playing in reverse and shit, good for you, hope you enjoy it, but I'd rather have doing something in those 30 second splits between the last turn and the next.

I'm pathetic for switching it up a little? How is holding the A button for 30 seconds more challenging? Dude, you're pathetic. Like that? Yeah, same shit. I can call you just as pathetic for not snaking and thinking that's more deep. Seriously, come back with an actual arguement other then you don't think it's fair.

Oh, and Nintendo didn't remove it because they thought it was cheating. You wanna know why they removed it? It's because they're cattering to you guys, the "casual" gamers. They don't give a shit, but they know you guys who complain instead of actually stopping and realizing "oh well, at least I played the game" are pissing Nintendo off, but they know all they can do about it is listen to your complaints, as lame as they are. You know why? For money, they do it for your money, they don't give a shit about anything else.

Exploit or whatever, you can call it that, but nobody stops you from using it. Every kart can snake, difference is that only a few can do it good, but the fact that they all can shows that it's not a cheat. It's not a bug because you're using something that was meant to be in the game, Mini Turbos. And this is to everybody else in the thread.

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a snaker, and proud to do it. It wasn't cheating, it was exploiting a glitch, just like wave dashing. I enjoy taking games to a faster pace if I can.

0Faceless0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whether you support snaking, enjoy snaking, or dislike snaking; snaking is no longer part of the Mario Kart series due to a deliberate design decision made by the developers. That in itself speaks volumes. Mario Kart has always been a party game, and I am glad that there will be no more snaking.

I can understand the snakers' view point, but the snakers seem unable to see the non-snakers' viewpoint. I'm not willing to devote the hours into mastering snaking on every course for the simple reason that I have better things to do with my time. Snaking kills the fun factor for the MAJORITY of players and for that reason I see it as a welcomed change.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
0Faceless0 said:
I can understand the snakers' view point, but the snakers seem unable to see the non-snakers' viewpoint. I'm not willing to devote the hours into mastering snaking on every course for the simple reason that I have better things to do with my time.Thats simple, if you dont want to do it, then dont. No one is making you snake in the game. But for some people, all that hours effort mastering every track is actually very fun, and makes for more fast paced satisfying races with friends.

Im not sure what anti-snaker view point im supposed to have... the fact that I cant hack that people actually played the game a lot more, and can race better than me when it should be a casual well rounded game? The fact is no game is well rounded. Reggie was saying in his MKwii interview thing that this is a mario kart where a first timer can imediately stay bumper to bumper with a kart veteran. Its obvious that he said it so the MAJORITY of the players buy the game after hearing it, because thats what the consumers hated so much about the MKDS version. Its great for casual people that want to have a quick round, but if you cant improve at the game, theres nothing that appeals to the minority that actually want to race competitivley. Its also great for nintendo, because all they care about is the money they make, not if a game can use turbos on straights
rolleyes.gif
. If the majority of the consumers dont want it, they boot it from the game for more $$$. Of cause reggie's wrong, because in every game the skilled person is going to come off better than the other guy, but i imagine hes refering about items and the weakness of MT's now that your not going to pull away from the other races as fast this time round. All that said and done, I garentee people are going to complain about somthing else. mabey 'sandbaggers'. I know its a stupid name, but its when you hit the brakes in order to get the second place item, which is allways better than getting a crappy first place bannana. That annoyed a lot of people.. you cant turn around and say 'thats not how the developers wanted the game to be played!!!!111' because thats ridiculas when you put it in that perspective.
Or mabey they'll even complain about SSMT's. Its pretty much a given that these will be in the game. The tracks are wide enough, and the turbos are generated fast enough to pull them off. no one knows yet if these will actually be faster than driving in a straight line... so be weary of that too. If this type of stuff bothers you, dont play online!!! Its simple. get a group of friends over to play at one of your crazy off the hook partys.

0Faceless0 said:
Snaking kills the fun factor for the MAJORITY of players and for that reason I see it as a welcomed change.
I wanted MTs toned down from MKDS too, but I still think this is a bit too far. Im assuming the ability to snake in the game isnt what killed the fun for you, it was simply racing people online that were better than you.. snaking is just an excuse. however, that shouldnt take away your fun factor.. The game still has friend modes, so find some peeps the same skill leval and go have a ball. Casual gamers dont play nearly as much obviously, compared to competitive ones, so its only natural that your not going to be the best player online.

Some 'snakers' nonMT times are a lot faster than most anti-snakers best times... that reinforces its not about the snaking, but about the sore losing.

QUOTE(0Faceless0 @ Mar 31 2008, 06:07 PM)
Whether you support snaking, enjoy snaking, or dislike snaking; snaking is no longer part of the Mario Kart series due to a deliberate design decision made by the developers. That in itself speaks volumes. Mario Kart has always been a party game, and I am glad that there will be no more snaking.
Good. Snaking was a stupid term anyway. But saying its no longer part of the series is a bit of a guess. You dont know how the MT's are going to be like in this game, you might see people going back and fourth yet anyway. and no one knows whats install for the next MK. Again, ill mention I didnt want snaking to be in the game... but a 'timed drift' kind of boost sounds extremly noobish, nintendo could have came up with much better ideas. Perhaps made it similar to MKDD in a way.. SSMTing is faster, but its not extremly significantly faster than driving straight. Or even made them more tricky and less powerful like in mk64. IMO the timed boost is a bad option which reduces a fair bit of learning curve from the game.

EDIT: Which is great if you play it on the occasion, but its not going to have 2 solid years of play value that MKDS gave me.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Faceless I'm with you on that on sucking the fun out. I'm one of those weird types that bothered to learn it pretty well but chose not to use it on or offline with a serious race because I chose not to use a glitch to massage the system basically.

It's sad to see even this topic is now getting new people to register to defend exploiting a bug within the game as being legit, ok, how it was intended, or whatever other excuse gives comfort. Just wish the entire argument would just die because either you won't/don't/can't use the glitch and as such hate it or find it dishonorable, or you do use it and abuse the hell out of it to get some easy wins. Neither side is going to agree and it's really as simple as that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64