'Super Mario Galaxy DS' demake gets new progress update

mario galaxy DS.JPG

Demakes are not uncommon among homebrewers and late last year we saw a Game Boy fan demake of Disco Elysium. The latest such project is intended for the Nintendo DS and involves a rather popular title: Super Mario Galaxy. This project has been going on for several years; at least since 2017 according to the first video shared by the homebrew developers on their YouTube channel, 'Jesse'. In 2018, they even released a playable demo and yesterday, a new progress update video was shared on the channel, mentioning that the developers are now able to make playable levels for their DS demake:

While there are features like sound effects missing, they do mention that what can be seen in the latest video works on real hardware, audio and all. The video description credits "Jelle, Gericom, Stomatol and Ermii" as well as shares a link to a Discord server to keep in touch with updates.

What do you think of this project? Would it entice you to dust off your Nintendo DS and play Super Mario Galaxy on it?

:arrow: SOURCE

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Woah! I didn't even know this project was a thing! Looks really cool. I hope they change the name though, usually any fan game that uses an official name gets booted (ex: "A Fox in Space" which is a StarFox fan-show hasn't been taken down, and the creator suspects it's because of the titles of these projects).

Last edited by Jacklack3, , Reason: Fixed the naming and added some more info.

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I remember watching a beta 64 video that said that they were going to put Mario Galaxy on the Gamecube, but that it lacked the specs to make it work, so they waited for the Wii. Just goes to show that where there's a will, there's a way. Super excited for this, Galaxy is one of my favorite games, and this is so impressive on a technical level.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
At least there's no stupid motion controls in this demake, making it already superior to the original...still has limited lives and 3 HP (instead of 8, a la 64 DS and Sunshine) as flaws, though.

Reactions: Mythical

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.