Hacking Super Mario Galaxy 2, Neogamma error (1773) apploader loop

joshcool3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

Just getting back into the scene again as i haven't really been following it for a while for the sake of my younger siblings who are pestering me for mario galaxy 2 :L

So yeh it turns out in the time i haven't been paying much attention the d2po 9 mod chip i installed on the wii is pretty much obsolete due to nintendos new piracy protection now which is a bit of shame....so i've gone and put neogamma on

I've updated my cios to rev 17, (i've got dvdx and the latest version of the homebrew channel installed via the bootmii installer) as neogamma reccomended, and i then went and put in a backup copy of super mario galaxy 2. However alas i am receiving a wierd eroor

"er(1773) apploader loop) " Which is meening that the game is not running. Could this be due to a bad backup burn or source or should i be doing something else that i'm not?

Sorry forgot to say I'm using the latest version of neogamma r9 beta 13 i think

Thanks

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you remove your modchip? For whatever reason, that might be causing some problems. I'd also recommend having a look at this thread which should help you out. If I were you, I'd remove your modchip, delete neogamma and DVDx and just follow that guide.

joshcool3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried games other than super mario galaxy on neogamma and they seem to work fine,

I've just tried another dvd of super mario galaxy 2 from another source and it's giving the same error.

The only thing would say is when i was burning the dvd, i had put the write speed on 2x but for some reason it was burning at like 4 or 5 x

I haven't tried any other programs. should i try softchip or something?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
er(1773) apploader loop in NeoGamma could mean anything, bad burn, a worn out drive or a bad .iso.

And since you try to burn slow, i guess it's a bad burn.

joshcool3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i'm going to try and burn it on another computer at a slower speed which this time it should hopefully stick to,

If that doesn't work i might try and get a usb loader working

joshcool3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Weyy,

i just got back from being away on a 'holiday' and i've got mario galaxy 2 to work.

Basically i've got a new super duper computer and for some reason when using imgburn it doesn't seem to be able to keep at the speed i'm asking it to, i.e i've set the speed as 2x and it will burn at 6x or something. The dvds i'm using are pretty cheep so i'm guessing they can't handle the extra speed which is why i'd go for the slower speed.

to cut the story short, in the end i had to copy the iso onto a usb hard drive and copy it onto another computer and then burn it and then it worked.

Thanks WiiPower for heads up to what the cause of error 1773 was.

Hopefullly you'll choose the official neogamma channel soon (Y) - Personallly i don't mind loading neogamma from the homebrew channel but less able people in the family find it a bit too complicated so it's simpler for them just to be able to use a channel to do so.....

Thanks guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land