Amarok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
samethernet said:
has anyone confirmed this working on a Pal system?

Works on PAL with latest USB Loader GX and NeoGamma r8-RC3b with language set to English/Set to default with Wii in English.

used cIOS249[38]-v19

africansk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is getting "Unable to read disc" errors, try this:
"Use WiiISORenamer.exe (google it) to open your SMG2 ISO.
In the GAMEID box change SB4E01 to RB4E01 and save.
Burn/load as usual."

Don't know why, but it worked for me.

Kesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all --

I'm trying to run this game, I had gotten two different sources, using the latest NEOGAMMA and ConfigurableUSBLoader to no avail. They both return with "An error has occurred with your system memory" or something to that effect. I can run normal wii games just fine. I have a WBFS partition that has no problems being loaded/mounted.

Any thoughts?

bathingapebape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kesh said:
Hey all --

I'm trying to run this game, I had gotten two different sources, using the latest NEOGAMMA and ConfigurableUSBLoader to no avail. They both return with "An error has occurred with your system memory" or something to that effect. I can run normal wii games just fine. I have a WBFS partition that has no problems being loaded/mounted.

Any thoughts?

I have the same problem. I've tried everything suggested so far, re-doing the simplistic mod, installing darkcorp, installing ios 56, rev 19 installer...everything! I was thinking it might be bacause of my d2pro mod chip, so I opened her up and took it out...Still nothing. Anyway, I thought maybe it must be something about using a NTSC-U on my 4.2J, so I waited for the Japan release, and still got the same message, albeit in Japanese. I usually use dvds so I thought I'd try usbloader, so I went and installed that, it mounts on config USB loader but still get the same message for both iso's. Basically I keep getting the message: "An error occurred while accessing wii system memory" I checked to see what most people would do in this situation, but there aren't many references to this problem, and any that do reference this error, suggest deleting some unneeded save files. Tried that as well, and in reality I have a lot of space left in the internal memory. Anyway, I've just about given up, unless anyone has any other suggestions, besides having to actually get a retail copy.
wtf.gif

samethernet

Trophies
XP
Country
I confirm this working with

Pal Wii 4.2e
Cios38rev17 and rev17b
Wiiflow 1.1 r25
No Region or System menu Patches

I am mentioning this if someone wants to update the first post with what is working for me

maazmania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i haven't downloaded this yet but can u tell me what i need to update to get this to work on my wii. i'm on v3.2 with a PAL wii, neogamma r6, cios rev13b and cioscorp v3.5, mario and sonic at the olympic winter games works with neogamma r6 and rev13b do u think it will work with super mario galaxy 2? if not then what do i need to install or update, by the way i don't have wi fi in the room with the wii in it. thanks

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
maazmania said:
hey guys, i haven't downloaded this yet but can u tell me what i need to update to get this to work on my wii. i'm on v3.2 with a PAL wii, neogamma r6, cios rev13b and cioscorp v3.5, mario and sonic at the olympic winter games works with neogamma r6 and rev13b do u think it will work with super mario galaxy 2? if not then what do i need to install or update, by the way i don't have wi fi in the room with the wii in it. thanks
Just update everything. Seriously, you have no reason to be using 3.2 since you can use 4.2 now and NeoGamma r6 is seriously outdated. I dunnp what the latest revs are for your cIOSs but if there are newer version, update.

maazmania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it really make a difference if i'm still on 3.2? also i don't have wi fi in the room with my wii so i'm not too sure how to update my cios, can u plz tell me step by step what to do as i really am a noob at this kind of stuff.

Blumiere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll join the bandwagon for people failing with running this game.

I live in Australia, so I needed a PAL version of this game. I couldn't find a torrent of it (since every PAL version of this game comes in 15 part files or something) so I had to download an NTSC-U version of the game. I'm using a Wii with Homebrew installed, playing the game with Neogamma R9, latest beta release.

I set the options for the NTSC game to work on a PAL480i and PAL576i and the game boots up fine until I try selecting a file and pressing "Start". The screen goes black for about 10 seconds and an error message saying something like "Unable to read disc, refer to *blah*".

Is there anyone who knows how I could fix this? What settings do I have to set NeoGamma to for the game to run correctly? I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of hours.

Will updating to rev19 fix this problem? I'm currently on rev17.

Additional information you might find useful for whatever reason: cios249 installed. I've also tried the method above in changing the game ID from "s" to "r" but that failed horribly. I'm on Wii system 4.2e IIRC, no chips or anything installed. Using a DVD-R.

... actually that's all the additional information I have for you.

Yeah, help?

U-Volt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've searched everywhere trying to figure out what's going on, to no avail today.

4.2U Softmod
IOS249 Rev14

I have the game burned to a disc and it runs fine on Neogamma R7. I transferred the same ISO to a my external HDD and have tried to run it from CFG Loader and GX. It simply does not show up in my game lists on either application. Does anyone have any clue what's going on? Thanks in advance for all of the help guys.

Theawesomeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blumiere said:
I'll join the bandwagon for people failing with running this game.

I live in Australia, so I needed a PAL version of this game. I couldn't find a torrent of it (since every PAL version of this game comes in 15 part files or something) so I had to download an NTSC-U version of the game. I'm using a Wii with Homebrew installed, playing the game with Neogamma R9, latest beta release.

I set the options for the NTSC game to work on a PAL480i and PAL576i and the game boots up fine until I try selecting a file and pressing "Start". The screen goes black for about 10 seconds and an error message saying something like "Unable to read disc, refer to *blah*".

Is there anyone who knows how I could fix this? What settings do I have to set NeoGamma to for the game to run correctly? I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of hours.

Will updating to rev19 fix this problem? I'm currently on rev17.

Additional information you might find useful for whatever reason: cios249 installed. I've also tried the method above in changing the game ID from "s" to "r" but that failed horribly. I'm on Wii system 4.2e IIRC, no chips or anything installed. Using a DVD-R.

... actually that's all the additional information I have for you.

Yeah, help?
Wait until the European PAL release of SMG2. It's only in a week.

Beremat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I transferred the game to my USB drive, and tried to start it up with USBloaderGX. I see the start screen, "press A and B to start". I do so, and I see a screen with three planets on it. That's it. The sky in the background moves, and the music keeps on playing, so it's not completely frozen, but I don't get any farther. Any ideas?

Using the latest USBloaderGX, but I have no idea what cios I'm using, I softmodded quite a long time ago. My Wii is updated to 4.0U.
The .iso I downloaded was the one scrubbed down to 1.29GB.

Blumiere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Theawesomeo said:
I figured that'd be the answer. After hours of installing crap onto my Wii I'll just wait.

Patience is awesome.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Blumiere said:
Theawesomeo said:
I figured that'd be the answer. After hours of installing crap onto my Wii I'll just wait.

Patience is awesome.

I'm running the original leaked NTSC release on a Pal console no problem

My wii is softmodded through the GBAtemp guide so I have 249 rev19
I'm using the latest neogamma r9b17
wii is set to region free everything using priiloader

The game runs 'out of the box' without having to change any settings in neogamma

Kesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kesh said:
Hey all --

Any thoughts?

Still having this issue
frown.gif

Beremat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beremat said:
Well, I transferred the game to my USB drive, and tried to start it up with USBloaderGX. I see the start screen, "press A and B to start". I do so, and I see a screen with three planets on it. That's it. The sky in the background moves, and the music keeps on playing, so it's not completely frozen, but I don't get any farther. Any ideas?

Using the latest USBloaderGX, but I have no idea what cios I'm using, I softmodded quite a long time ago. My Wii is updated to 4.0U.
The .iso I downloaded was the one scrubbed down to 1.29GB.
Happy to say I fixed it. To anyone else who has the same problem, simply try a different USB drive. I guess my 1st USB stick was too slow.

Blumiere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
chop said:
My wii is softmodded through the GBAtemp guide so I have 249 rev19
I'm using the latest neogamma r9b17
wii is set to region free everything using priiloader
You basically have the same settings as I do, Neogamma, IOS249 and such, except I didn't use the guide on this website. I didn't know about this website until I was searching for solutions to my SMG2 problem. I followed the guide that was on Wiiso. Should I install Priiloader regardless? I heard you should only install this if you have BootMii installed as an IOS, except I have it installed as boot2. Also, it's recommended you only install it on a Wii without edited IOSes.

I really don't want to brick my Wii (even though I have a NAND backup, I guess I'm just scared).

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know enough about modding to be able to tell you what to do to get it running
Just letting you know it does run on a Pal wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...