Hacking Super Mario Galaxy 2 Backup loader info

Anonymodude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, i don't know about you guys, but here's my config...

4.0E PAL Wii.
DriveKey v2 Modded
Softmodded too - cIOS 38 rev17 on IOS249

SMG2 NTSC works absolutely GREAT!
yaywii.gif

It launches perfectly from Disc Channel. But I did have a problem before; I put the disc in and the header came up. Then I pressed start and was greeted with a BLACK SCREEN...
blink.gif

Then I updated to the newest IOS56 with Dop-IOS (with trucha bug) and launches great even FROM the disc channel! And this is an NTSC game; running absolutely perfect on my PAL console.

No freezes or game errors/glitches whatsoever; played up to 10 stars already and up to World 2. Plays like a charm, almost like its the real thing! And a month before the official release in Australia!
rolleyes.gif

And remember, I'm on cIOS 38 rev17! I've heard 18/19 is not for n00bs...
mellow.gif
they have a lot of issues, better stick with rev17 or rev14 if you're not a developer etc.

I hope this helps.
yaywii.gif

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Works fine with CFG 57b4, 222 rev 5(whatever the default base is, I forget), no special settings(Language: Console default Video: Game default). I use a trimmed ISO on an NTFS partition.

chinmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
chinmi said:
Wii 4.0u, Neogamma R9 Beta 13, cIOS 57 Rev 19 (Waninkoko), Slot 249

Game could not even be detected on my wii, neogamma always said no disc inserted... can i have any advice guys ?

thanks in advance.

i checked the ios i have with dop mii, and these is the report :

Code:
IOS VersionÂÂÂÂ FakeSignÂÂÂÂ ES_IdentifyÂÂÂÂ NANDÂÂÂÂ Flash
250 (v65535)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
249 (v19)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
222 (v65535)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
202 (v65535)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
61ÂÂ(v4890)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
60ÂÂ(v6174)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
55ÂÂ(v4633)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
53ÂÂ(v4113)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
50ÂÂ(v4889)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
38ÂÂ(v3609)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
37ÂÂ(v3609)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
36ÂÂ(v3090)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
35ÂÂ(v3088)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
34ÂÂ(v3087)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
33ÂÂ(v2832)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
31ÂÂ(v3088)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
28ÂÂ(v1292)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
22ÂÂ(v777)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
21ÂÂ(v522)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
17ÂÂ(v517)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
16ÂÂ(v257)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabled
15ÂÂ(v265)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
14ÂÂ(v262)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
13ÂÂ(v15)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
12ÂÂ(v11)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
9ÂÂ (v520)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled

maybe i have some ios that i still need to install ?

thanks in advance...

kk, i tried the disc i made on a different console (my friends) which have the similiar neogamma version and cios version as the above machine.... and the disc work...

i think i need to make my wii be able to see if there's a smg disc in it first... can someone help me, cause all other backups work flawlessly except smg, and nsmb..

thanks in advance.

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
heard some scrubbed versions give black screens

is [Wii]Super_Mario_Galaxy_2[NTSC][SCENE][WiiSOS.com] - 1.57GB ok ?

or should I look for full 4.X GB ?

wok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aggro said:
aggro said:
HaniKazmi said:
aggro said:
So far I haven't seen anyone else post about the problem i'm experiencing. I am running from Wiiflow, game seems to work fine however my pointer is Very choppy on both first and second player. If I go to the home menu or anywhere else on the wii it runs perfectly, just once in the game its unusable for the most part.

Any ideas?

PS : tried new batteries.

I'm having this problem too, but for me it occurs for bout 2min then fixes itself

Hmmm.. I'll try reloading the game. So far my wife is about 15 minutes in and the problem still exists. Thanks

Yeah problem still exists after playing for a while. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm also having this problem! Sometimes it'll get better on its own and sometimes it won't get better until a reset. And the weirdest part is like you said, when you pull up the Home menu then the pointer is fine.

I'm using the 1.3gb IND scrubbed version, which I suppose could be a problem? Should I just go ahead and grab the full HaZMaT rip?

HaniKazmi or aggro did you have any luck resolving this issue? Anyone else having this issue? Thanks!

Garth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been at this thing for 3 hours now.
Burned 2 different discs after an attempt at scrubbing it myself.
When I tried checking it for Error 001 and 002 it told me they weren't present, so I went ahead and burned it.
However, whenever I boot it up with neogamma it keeps giving me the Error 001 message.
I've tried R6, R7, R8, and the R9 11 beta.
Any ideas or any way you guys could help me out?

Much appreciated.

Monotremata

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chinmi said:
kk, i tried the disc i made on a different console (my friends) which have the similiar neogamma version and cios version as the above machine.... and the disc work...

i think i need to make my wii be able to see if there's a smg disc in it first... can someone help me, cause all other backups work flawlessly except smg, and nsmb..

thanks in advance.

Thats because your friends console has IOS56 on it which has probably been mentioned countless times on every SMG2 thread since it leaked.
Install that and try again.

chinmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Monotremata said:
chinmi said:

thanks in advance.

Thats because your friends console has IOS56 on it which has probably been mentioned countless times on every SMG2 thread since it leaked.
kk, i will try to update some of my IOS, it seems i have an out of date IOS pack
biggrin.gif

i'll let u know the results

chinmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
chinmi said:
Monotremata said:
chinmi said:

thanks in advance.

kk, i will try to update some of my IOS, it seems i have an out of date IOS pack
biggrin.gif

kk, finally got it working, i update all of my IOS to the latest, and try it again... still NOT WORKING... but, after disabled my d2c pro modchip, the game work flawlessly, i'm on the 1st planet now
biggrin.gif

does softmod cant work side by side with a modchip ?

thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chinmi said:
chinmi said:
Monotremata said:
chinmi said:

thanks in advance.

biggrin.gif

kk, finally got it working, i update all of my IOS to the latest, and try it again... still NOT WORKING... but, after disabled my d2c pro modchip, the game work flawlessly, i'm on the 1st planet now
biggrin.gif

does softmod cant work side by side with a modchip ?

thanks in advance
biggrin.gif
Hardmods sometimes cause problems.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dispel said:
so does any scrubbed cause these black screens/problems ? or just a bad one ?
I'm using a scrubbed release and haven't had a single issue yet and im in world 3 right now.
I downloaded the first scrubbed release that came out on the spanish website although after downloading
it and trying to extract it two of the rar files were corrupt(megaupload links).I redownloaded the corrupt ones from different links(mediafire)
and then the game extracted fine and i've been playing it since without any issues.

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how come I cannot get this game to work at all, always black screen with all usb loaders. I downloaded the scrubbed version which I installed using WBFS windows installer. from all the loaders they can see that the game is there on the wbfs partition but when I launch I always gets a black screen.

I am not NTSC console, I set language to english in loader (console is french), 002 fix on, IOS 56 is installed, cios rev19 based 37

what am i doing wrong??

thanks

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ringorinfret said:
how come I cannot get this game to work at all, always black screen with all usb loaders. I downloaded the scrubbed version which I installed using WBFS windows installer. from all the loaders they can see that the game is there on the wbfs partition but when I launch I always gets a black screen.

I am not NTSC console, I set language to english in loader (console is french), 002 fix on, IOS 56 is installed, cios rev19 based 37

what am i doing wrong??

thanks

Could be a video setting you need changed.Just play around with them until you get it working.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an HDD hooked in using WBFS and I've been wanting to make channels but recently released games need the 002 fix and so far only WiiFlow has it built in, but that still doesn't solve my channel problem.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smashbro29 said:
I've got an HDD hooked in using WBFS and I've been wanting to make channels but recently released games need the 002 fix and so far only WiiFlow has it built in, but that still doesn't solve my channel problem.
All channels have 002 fix built in. Use Loadstructor or Crap to make channels.

elmerohueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only ever had 1 problem (so far) with SMG2:
On the first star of 2-2 (Hot-Stepping Dash Pepper in Hightail Falls Galaxy), every time I get the star, the screen just goes black and freezes. Consequently, I am not able to get any stars in that galaxy. I've tried playing on to other levels and worlds and then come back, but it always freezes at the same point.
I'm using CFG Loader 57b4.
Has anyone else experienced this problem or fixed it. If so, what setup/options are you using?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
elmerohueso said:
I've only ever had 1 problem (so far) with SMG2:
On the first star of 2-2 (Hot-Stepping Dash Pepper in Hightail Falls Galaxy), every time I get the star, the screen just goes black and freezes. Consequently, I am not able to get any stars in that galaxy. I've tried playing on to other levels and worlds and then come back, but it always freezes at the same point.
I'm using CFG Loader 57b4.
Has anyone else experienced this problem or fixed it. If so, what setup/options are you using?

It sounds to me like the iso file you have of the game is bad.I would get it again from a different source and try that level again.
I've played through World 5 now and haven't had a single issue with the game anywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30