Hacking Super Mario Galaxy 2 Backup loader info

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have any doubts on this leaked release? I mean, there is no piracy protection, no update partition, the game is less than 2GB and the game title is Super Mario Galaxy More. I know that Nintendo used weird titles for previous games, but still. I also don't think Nintendo gave up fighting piracy. I know the game is working, but all of this is pretty weird. I could be wrong, though.

We don't have much information about this release according to iND's nfo.

nezo100

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Please I need help...
My Wii is NTSC and 4.1U and I bought it hard modded with a chip. I dont use or know how to use any of these programs all my other wii games worked fine, but with super mario galaxy 2 i got the blue screen error 2

i dont know the name or type of chip thats in my wii

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Kovani said:
Does anyone have any doubts on this leaked release? I mean, there is no piracy protection, no update partition, the game is less than 2GB and the game title is Super Mario Galaxy More. I know that Nintendo used weird titles for previous games, but still. I also don't think Nintendo gave up fighting piracy. I know the game is working, but all of this is pretty weird. I could be wrong, though.

well i've made it through 2 worlds so far with nothing stopping me. i'm only limiting myself to finishing 1 world per day so this lasts
tongue.gif

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kovani said:

It's been uploaded by two people independently and both versions do not contain piracy protection. They either got sloppy or gave up. And Nintendo often uses weird titles - Wii Sports is called "Revolution Pack" remember.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if i remember correctly big n was going to release this as a sort of add on, expansion pack to galaxy that's why it's called galaxy more. than they just decided to make it galaxy 2 prob never bothered to change the game ID their like that
tongue.gif

nezo100

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Please I need help...
My Wii is NTSC and 4.1U and I bought it hard modded with a chip. I dont use or know how to use any of these programs all my other wii games worked fine, but with super mario galaxy 2 i got the blue screen error 2

i dont know the name or type of chip thats in my wii

bathingapebape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KageJuin said:
I have an NTSC-J Wii and have spent the last 4 hours trying to get this game to work on my USBloader GX

I get a black screen on startup and I have cios rev17 already and language on english

is there anything else I should do?

Been having problems on my 4.2 J as well. Tried re-doing the simplistic mod and the rev19installer, but I still get the 002 error using neogamma R9 beta11.
Oh, and I'm using a dvd-r, to no avail obviously. Anyone, with a NTSC-J wii get this working yet?

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
This is really odd....

I can run the game using CIOSCORP from disc, it plays fine, no problems.

But when I try any USB loader (GX rev929, latest wiiflow and config. USB loader) it just gives me a black screen once I select the game file! - that is, it boots, shows intro, I select the "planet" I'm playing, click start then...... the abyss!

I'm running the games on usb loaders as cios38rev17

Any ideas why it doesn't work for me on USB loaders, but fine on disc - seems strange....

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm already on 4.2E my friend.

Thanks though

No worries. I've got it sorted.

I downgraded usbloader GX (although that obviously wasn't the source of the problem) as the latest rev wouldn't allow install of games; it would just freeze. Then I installed the game from disc through USB loader GX, and it runs fine now!

Must have been WBFS manager 3.0 installing it badly or whatever

kthnksbye

miczel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. Exacly as NWSMB Wii. I have wiikey 1.9s. Firstly it was working, but there is "Disc could not be read" error. I don't have possibility to play it from USB. It plays sometimes, but mostly on the start there is disc read error. I have this problem also with new super mario bros, and no other game. Can somebody help me?

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
I got it working on a 3.2E Wii with a Wiid modchip (similar to Wiikey). What I did was install ios56 with DopIos. After that I started Gecko Os, set the language to English and forced NTSC (I do have a RGB cable, so maybe other users have to choose to force Pal). After this I load it with Gecko Os and it works like a charm.

I really think this setup should work on with a Wiikey too, because the Wiid is just as old as the Wiikey.

Fionar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't get it working.Using either USB Loader GX or Config USB Loader, the former gives me a blackscreen when trying to launch the game, the latter is stuck on "Loading.......".
Using system menu 4.2E, cIOSx19, cIOS38 r17, Hermes cIOS rev 5 with 222 on IOS38 and 223 on IOS60.

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Can't get it working.Using either USB Loader GX or Config USB Loader, the former gives me a blackscreen when trying to launch the game, the latter is stuck on "Loading.......".
Using system menu 4.2E, cIOSx19, cIOS38 r17, Hermes cIOS rev 5 with 222 on IOS38 and 223 on IOS60.

More or less the problem I had. I'm sure the rev of USBloadergx wasn't the problem, but I downgrade to 892 (the previous rev I had) and installed the game with USBloader GX - solved my problem.

So what I suggest is to try installing the game again with USBloader gx - what did you use to install the game the first time? Are you running it from WBFS, NTFS, FAT? Also have you tried running it from disc with CIOSCORP, Darkcorp, neogamma, gecko or whatever.

Hope that helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just say Mexicos a fake America
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about tacos?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco bell
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco flavored kisses
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Taco Tuesday and Wetback Wednesday Thott Thursday Freaky Friday lol
    Midget Monday is best
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, mexican tacos existed before taco bell
    Taco Bell is about as Mexican as Pizza Hut
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco bell is authentic Mexican food what are you talking about
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    California is Mexico
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    oled gbasp pl0x
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    touchscreen?????
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    is there any gba homebrew that would offer use for that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Touchscreen makes using system menu options for brightness and filter adjustments easier
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, who said anything about touchscreen?
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the video title is
    "We Now Have A Touch Screen And OLED Modded Game Boy Color"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On screen keys would be cool if the rubber ever fails
    I feel like at that point might as well go emulation lol
    One of those RG things
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some people just like using original hardware for the hobby point of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can easily buy replacement buttons but it's a good fall back
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    on screen keys would be cool but the gba screen is pretty tiny though :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather use emulation but it's cool regardless again the main point of the Touchscreen isn't just for buttons but for menu options
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    would be way better for menu options
    ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz: would be way better for menu options