0210212842compuesto.jpg

Jackaltyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Glem3 said:
We can add objects from SMG1, now!
^I like the idea of this. Maybe you could create a galaxy similar to Throwback galaxy but with different mario games and objects from those games?

Glem3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm starting to make a crappy little system to help people who want to show level design ideas... it's pretty terrible, and just uses a system called "scratch" since I don't have flash experience.

It's in really early beta stages right now, so not much really works. I know the stuff I made myself is horrible, the point is just to represent ideas visually without much work.

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Glem3/1591567

Glem3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We really need more level creators, so please, anyone interested in adding more to SMG2, here's your chance! There's no experience with hacking needed, we'll teach you everything you need to know! Just join at SuperMarioGalaxy2-5.com and I'll help you personally!

Jackaltyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^Comet mission is looking awesome! Will it be centered around yoshi with his powerups, or will you be able to clear the level without yoshi? Also, what type of comet is it?

D

Deleted member 180466

Glem3 said:
We really need more level creators, so please, anyone interested in adding more to SMG2, here's your chance! There's no experience with hacking needed, we'll teach you everything you need to know! Just join at SuperMarioGalaxy2-5.com and I'll help you personally!

Hi!
biggrin.gif

I just signed up on your Super Mario Galaxy 2.5 forum as MrAimenify.
biggrin.gif

I just wonder, if I want to be one of the level creators for this mod, what do I have to do to be in?
smile.gif

/GHBAimen, soon as MrAimenify.

Yoshi Party

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just a question besides:

how are you handling the camera data? Does it automatically follow you on the custom planets or do you have a kind of camera path editor?

great mod so far
wink.gif

Glem3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The comet mission is actually definitely going to change... We want to continue with the game's style of comet missions rather than some sort of "hard mode".

It's either going to be a romp mission (with enemies that appear and disappear with the beat), which is most likely, or a purple coin mission, with purple coins that appear and disappear with the beat. The problem is, purple coins can't be placed in levels that didn't already have them, so we're trying to find a fix for that.

To become a level creator, you should start out as a green star placer, then a comet mission creator, and then finally a level creator. We have lots of tutorials on the website for those who don't know anything about anarchy, so just go to the "level creation" board and we'll help you out.

Once you do all that, you can apply for a job, and then if you really prove yourself you can become a lead designer.

Lead designers need to know just about everything about the level editor though.

As for cameras, as of right now, every level will have a free camera that you can move around freely, the game will not point out where you need to go like in the real game.

However, after everything is done, we may hire camera placers to create the camera angles for a level, which is possible, albeit difficult. Some of our levels already have custom camera angles, though (such as our flip-swap hack).

Glem3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, we also need script writers to help create an all new story for the game!

We've already decided the story will focus on the relationship between Lubba and Rosalina, and how Rosalina got her powers. I wrote the dialogue for the introduction level already, but things can still be changed.

If anyone is interested in writing dialogue for the game, go here:

http://supermariogalaxy2-5.proboards.com/i...board=storytext

Glem3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A (rather bad quality) screenshot of a BETA version of a new level, being created by user "IceSpike".

Prepare to bowl your heart out.

photovc.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.