burhansalih

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

Wondering if anyone can help..

I have SMB Wonder installs fine with DBI when I try to run it I get this software has to close error on startup...Using OLED Switch with AMS 16.1.0 with latest Sigpatches for it.

Tried two different sources and also another switch V1 every other game works but this one on both doesn't.

Reactions: laz305

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Wondering if anyone can help..

I have SMB Wonder installs fine with DBI when I try to run it I get this software has to close error on startup...Using OLED Switch with AMS 16.1.0 with latest Sigpatches for it.

Tried two different sources and also another switch V1 every other game works but this one on both doesn't.

You probably got a bad dump, your firmware should be fine as it require 16.0.0

burhansalih

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably go for a XCI dump and convert it to NSP if you want NSP. Can't provide link as you know forum rules.
I do indeed...Thank you for your help
Post automatically merged:

looks like it could be a ticket issue as just downloaded from a 3rd source and the same thing happens.

Last edited by burhansalih,
Reactions: laz305

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I got it to run just fine installing from a xci using awoo installer, I think I'm on 16.0.0..
You can install fine with Tinwoo: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tinwoo-installer.579661/page-15#post-10272039

DBI and almost every installer set the disrtibution bit to 0 when it installs XCI files and this breaks the NCA header signature, Tinwoo 1.24 doesn't do this now (unless you set it in the settings page), so the check passes. FS patches fix this - but if your FS patches are not correct you can install with tinwoo and it should solve your issues.

MelvinSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks guys, awoo installer worked on xci. i did not try nsp tho. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doesn't work for me on atmosphere 15.5 with newest 16.1.0 sigpatches. Tried tinfoil, dci installer,awoo installer, tinwoo, nothing worked. All other releases made for up to 16.1.0 run without problems. There's definitely sth. wrong with this game that haven't been figured out so far.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I installed it with DBI 616 and it works without issues. I am on HOS 16.0.3 using ATM 1.5.3 or 1.5.4 (can't remember) and I use sys-patch. I installed from a XCI

Last edited by petspeed,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have the issue with the game right now, but I know that I already had this issue previously with whatever new game that released and it always was sigpatches that I thought where updated, but I guess they weren't. Had to install them manually everytime, the AiO updater just wasn't doing it properly somehow.
I think I'm running sys-patch too but I don't remember, I guess trying doesn't hurt https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sys-patch

MarvBuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i had this issue as well. tried at least 5 times with no success.. even tried reinstalling sigpatches, downloading from another source (which ended up to be the same xci). eventually i got it to work!

i thinks its a combination of having removed orphaned files/tickets and installing updated sigpatches and installing it via dbi.

best of luck! (as of today there are more versions floating around the web, maybe one of them installs better)

Sphaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I had the same problem with the XCI version, never got it to work with the latest DBI installer on Atmosphere 1.5.5, HEN 16.1. But, I downloaded the NSP version of the game and that worked without any problems.

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Done that buddy as im up to date 16.1.0 and even other games launche and plays fine other then that one..it fails on launch....I think it's what @mrdude said about the installer....Im going to try his suggested installer but I have been abroad and not had a chance to test.
are you using DBI drag & Drop files to micro SD partition from PC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.