rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
As title says. Now you can edit your levels without using AR codes or whatever cheat
tongue.gif

Here is a screenshot of the currently available version (v2.0 beta1):
slmzhj.png

And here are the downloads:
v2.0 beta3
v2.0 beta2
v2.0 beta1 - buggy
v1.01 - old
v1.0 - a bit older
More

Do not forget to backup your ROM before using the editor on it! The editor is normally stable but we never know.

ROM versions compatible with the editor

* USA (both versions)
* JAP
* EUR

If you have another version, tell me so that I can add support for it.

Changelog, user manual and details

Credits
Treeki for the NitroROM overlay decompression code, the object names list and other things.
Dirbaio for other things as well.
Nikolaj, jceggbert5, Treeki, Hammy, Luigi987 (Luigi54000vr) for betatesting

SM64DS hacking news
SM64DS technical stuff
More

Enjoy
smile.gif

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well at least this has the hex values for the stuff.
(can't wait for the next version, it has a viewer.)

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
The next version should hopefully come soon enough, I just have to add 'n fix a few things here and there... what would take the most time is making sure the editor is stable, all those GUI elements... and trying to keep the code clean
tongue.gif

It will have, among others, the object names from Treeki's list, and ability to move/rotate objects directly in the 3D view... it will also be version 1.0.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Rydian said:
Hot damn.

Any plans at all for a world geometry editor, or at least an importer/exporter as a separate program?
That's planned for next versions. Perhaps some basic model/texture editing will be in, but I will mostly add model importing/exporting...

Also, thank you guys for your feedback
wink.gif

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
This looks really impressive, I think Treeki is gonna crash the whole hack-scene...
First the NSMB Editor, the the NSMB Wii one and now this...

Wondering if he made another stuff like this!
However, Super Mario 128-hack started
just joking

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
SKJmin said:
This looks really impressive, I think Treeki is gonna crash the whole hack-scene...
First the NSMB Editor, the the NSMB Wii one and now this...

Wondering if he made another stuff like this!
However, Super Mario 128-hack started
just joking
Treeki? He's not the one who's coding the SM64DS editor... he isn't interested in DS hacking anymore (yet, he provided that object names list)...

Also, I don't think one could do a full-fledged hack with the current editor... atleast not easily... it was mostly built as a proof of concept, and to let you guys play around with levels. The next version should already make it easier to edit the levels
smile.gif

About that, editing the 3D map might not be possible for a while. The format of the 3D models has been reverse-enginnered enough to let one edit 'em, but the format for collision maps hasn't been figured out yet... and editing 3D maps would be useless if you can't change the collision map
tongue.gif

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Treeki, you're a god.

NSMB Editor (and it's STILL being supported), Reggie for NSMB2, and now this editor. He has made more progress on DS hacking more than anyone! Even the hackers at PokeCommunity don't have a decent DS map editor yet!

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Treeki, you're a god.

NSMB Editor (and it's STILL being supported), Reggie for NSMB2, and now this editor. He has made more progress on DS hacking more than anyone! Even the hackers at PokeCommunity don't have a decent DS map editor yet!

Maybe this can also be used for pokemon (if you make some changes in the program)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?