Super Everdrive compatability

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im planning on buying a Super Everdrive soon and Id like to know which games don't work on it. I know that games like Mario Kart and starfox wont work because of the special chips. But are there any other games that might not work on it? What about DQIII, Tales of Phantasia or Star Ocean?

M

milkman12345

The incompatibility list is identical to the SNES powerpak. If you choose not to buy a DSP1 installed Super Everdrive then Mario Kart, Pilotwings and a few others wont work either. I bought a Super ED without DSP1 and soldered the chip in myself, its not hard. Some special chip games will work on the SD2SNES if your prepared to pay about $200 for one.

http://www.retrousb.com/downloads/incompatibilitylist.html

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M

milkman12345

One thing I forgot to tell you. The Super Everdrive wont play Star Ocean. The expanded version works on the Powerpak, but the Everdrive doesn't have enough memory to run it.

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't be cheap, get a SD2SNES. Its the only cart with MSU1 support, meaning you can play Super Road Blaster. MSU1 = FMV and CD quality sound on SNES.:wacko:

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The incompatibility list is identical to the SNES powerpak. If you choose not to buy a DSP1 installed Super Everdrive then Mario Kart, Pilotwings and a few others wont work either. I bought a Super ED without DSP1 and soldered the chip in myself, its not hard. Some special chip games will work on the SD2SNES if your prepared to pay about $200 for one.

http://www.retrousb.com/downloads/incompatibilitylist.html

That sucks, some of the best games are on that list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy