Hacking Super ban emunand needed?

cattivik66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is nothing that will "unban" you with the switch.
Now and forever.

The certificate installed on each console is unique, and only Nintendo can create these certificates, and anyway creating a new certificate is useless as these needs to be registered on Nintendo's servers.
Also using a certificate that is not from your console will also make that other certificate banned, that means another console get banned.

A banned Switch will stay banned forever.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When u have a superban is emunand usefull or totally unnecessary?
As TX already mentioned, one other use is being able to keep sysNAND on an older firmware for exploits like the upcoming warmboot exploit. Though you could also just make a NAND backup and restore it later on, that would mean AutoRCM is a requirement to avoid burning fuses, and that comes with its own set of drawbacks.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As TX already mentioned, one other use is being able to keep sysNAND on an older firmware for exploits like the upcoming warmboot exploit. Though you could also just make a NAND backup and restore it later on.
That is the only reason to use Emunand if you are superbanned.
I personally don't give a f*ck anymore. I grab my sysupdates and game patches from CDN and that's it. Minor inconvenience, but it's not that I'm installing game updates 15 times a day.

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can download game patches and install them manually. You don't know what you're talking about

Get informed
Sorry was in work so couldn't reply straight away.

Just out of interest if you sold it would you say it was fully functional? Or fully functional apart from being banned?

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry was in work so couldn't reply straight away.

Just out of interest if you sold it would you say it was fully functional? Or fully functional apart from being banned?
what he means is it would be fully functional apart from being banned.

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what he means is it would be fully functional apart from being banned.

I don't want to not pick but he says he gets full functionality whilst being banned. By definition I would class fully functional as everything the product is advertised to do. Am I wrong? If you bought a fully functional imac to realise the WiFi didn't work would you call it fully functional?

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to not pick but he says he gets full functionality whilst being banned. By definition I would class fully functional as everything the product is advertised to do. Am I wrong? If you bought a fully functional imac to realise the WiFi didn't work would you call it fully functional?
bad anology
wifi works on the switch

just because its banned doesnt mean it has hardware issues

i dont get your point

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
why are you being an ass to this guy? All he did when you 1st commented is ask you something then it has gone down hill from there. What did he ever do to you?
jakkal has a tendency to escalate discussions and act overly aggressive in his replies. it's best to just ignore him
reason to use emunand is to stay unbanned
mm, I would argue that emunand is good for keeping your sysnand on a lower firmware for a possible non-RCM CFW entrypoint in the future. it's why I haven't updated past 4.1

Reactions: leerpsp

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bad anology
wifi works on the switch

i dont get your point
Well you can update your os on a Mac without WiFi. You just have to jump through hoops to do it. You can install software and updates via other sources but are limited in how you can get it done. You just cant do it natively as the provider intended. Does that help?

In short it's hardly fully functional when a critical part of it does not work as intended. In my humble opinion anyways :)

Last edited by andijames,
Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bad anology
wifi works on the switch

i dont get your point
being banned with full functionality would mean that you can still take game updates and update your switch fw using nintendo servers but not being able to play games online at all.
being banned with out full functionality would mean that you can not take game updates or update the switch's fw online on top of not being able to play games online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.