ROM Hack Summon Night Craft Sword Monogatari

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to rip the script straight off of the translation website a while back, so I've uploaded it alongside my post.
The script is separated into different files based off of the given filename from the website.
These include the original japanese text, a translated line, and the contributor. This rip includes the long form translations. Some lines may look strange due to special characters, but otherwise is legible.
Many files are small (usually for town conversations and misc information), while the larger files are more likely to be plot relevant dialogue or night conversations. None of them are in order, and there is no indication of who is speaking other than by understanding each characters way of speaking.
So it may not be too helpful, but at least we have a fully translated script out.

Attachments

• scriptTXT.zip
    1 MB · Views: 399
Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No really, but progress went really slow since we have to go over ritchburn's work to make tools to insert the text translated. We're busier too...

Reactions: XswordcraftX

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm still excited to test this game out with the beta patch, but the download isn't downloading for me... Is the link dead? Mediafire is the best place to upload files, the download and upload speeds are beastly.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That is good iron. I do not know your skills, buy if you are good at translating you may want to help salixa in proofreading the script, cheking on different terms we used. If you are good at hacking instead you may want to help tlz with the tools ritchburn gave us to insert the translated text. You may want to use the irc but we are kinda busy so you can leave a message here.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly Im not too good at either. Though with my luck I'll probably make a few new gamer girl friends who know Japanese and English like the back of their hands within a few days. Wait.. that reminds me.. that chick who knows like 7 different languages.. I'll see about getting her in on this. And By the way, I may not know how to hack but I catch on quickly. Very Very Quickly. Usually I'm the one who goes and Dissects the settings to figure out the effect of each individual change made. I also enjoy doing the same to the music. I really enjoyed Excited Rage from the first game, and the night walk theme from the first as well. Okay, I'm getting off topic here, my point is I'm happy to learn and see about my many many gamer and nongamer contacts helping out here.

And Yeah. I talk, A lot.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, if we can't find some other person to run a translation check, I'll have to do it. You don't want me to do it. Why?
  • I'm currently translating SNX.
  • I hate checking translations.
  • I have never finished any of the Atlus-translated Swordcrafts and therefore know jack shit about terminology.
  • I haven't even played this game and have no real intention to because it's not the kind of game I like to play.
So you people should go out and find someone or someones who knows enough moonrunes to check the translations and have played the Swordcraft games at least in English.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yup, there has been. progress alright, just not very noticeable.

I could understand ritchburn's tools and insert a lot of things, mainly the bestiary and items descriptions (these tools are that awesome). We have a proofreader now so that will clean up the script a bit, I've yet to talk to tlz regarding the script, though i guess he must have made some advance, even a little.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.