ROM Hack Summon Night Craft Sword Monogatari

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A gratitude message? That is a rare thing nowadays, but thanks :P. Seriously though, thank ghanmi and leaf too, those guys did all the job, all I did was stand in the sidelines, They are the real deal. :D

As of now, no news on the inserter, sadly, I have run out of ideas about what to do right now, except wait. Any piece of advice?

SwordSoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey pablitox, my brother works with computers and, maybe he knows about hacking though, if he knows, i will ask for him to make me learn it too, and so, i will can help on the game :P because at the moment i dont know anithing :P

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, all I can say is that you need romhacking knowledge rather than just computing knowledge, it is specific stuff.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey there! Thanks for offering to look for someone. What we need is someone with good ASM and gba hacking knowledge to make an inserter for the already translated script. I have a lot of info on the rom inner workings, so a lot of ot can be shared

fuinhas

Trophies
XP
Country
pablitox, sorry to bother with yet another explanation, but the script you have is in text or it's already in hex? what exactly was the workaround you guys found to skip the skimming? And can you post everything that has been done in a zip file? i have some asm knowledge, so i might be able to help with the inserter

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey there fuinhas, it is no bother, seriously. To answer your questions:

The translated script has the format:

0176328c.txt

はいはい、ミューノのためでしょ?
Yeah, yeah, for Murno, right?
cakepans

Each file's name is the hexa address where it should be inserted back. You can find it
here: https://github.com/wangds/sncsm3/blob/master/resources/scriptTXT.7z

To solve the script's butchering a 1 byte per char+ vwf seems to be enough, plus make use of the 200kb unused at the end of the rom.

I will post now all the info about the rom inner workings in the next post. I did not had time to update yet, but I think Normmatt is already working on an inserter, at least I did not hear otherwise from them :P (hope they can do it :D) so until I hear otherwise I think they are in charge of that, you can pm to ask them if you want.

Cheers!

Syclone903

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Hello! I do not come with any hacking skills but I do come with gratitude. I would just like to say a large thank you on behalf of all english speaking fans of this series for your efforts. Please do not give up!

Thank you.

Celtic Redemptio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just received Hajimari no Ishi in the mail, and was wondering if there was a english translation patch, google brought me here! I think it's amazing you guys have done so much already.
It seems you guys are already done translating the script, though, I would have wanted to offer my help there, but it seems that is no longer required.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
As thing are progressing I'm inclined to really give up, I hope i do get an answer from either Aent or Normmatt, I've reached my limit here. Looking forward to learnign some romhacking though but it will take time.

Reactions: ZephyrofNyx

XswordcraftX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
As thing are progressing I'm inclined to really give up, I hope i do get an answer from either Aent or Normmatt, I've reached my limit here. Looking forward to learnign some romhacking though but it will take time.

I realized how terrible it was when i saw how the hackers come and go, giving lots of false hope. Anyway thanks for all your hard work till now!

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I realized how terrible it was when i saw how the hackers come and go, giving lots of false hope. Anyway thanks for all your hard work till now!

Don't make me think about it. That said, wish I had the knowledge I learned so far, would have made it far more easier. Anyway, hope normmatt can finally shed a light to this proejct.

Wenrare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, I just wanted to say that you're doing the lord's work because this game is fantastic, I only recently found this video game series thanks to a dear friend of mine and we played through all three of them. We played the third using one of your older patches, and we can't wait to play the full release. I have literally no hacking experience, but if there's any thing that even a simpleton like me could do, I'd love to assist. The only thing off the top of my head that I could help with is probably localize/cleanup Engrish, but if you know any other thing that needs doing just contact me and I will see what I can do. (I'd be ecstatic to help!)

OmarMitta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not that I don't believe you guys, it's because I am crazy to see the result. I know this is a hard job and takes a long time, but, I would love if Ritchburn came back to help us. He would be a great help since he started all this.
Even so, we'll be always grateful for what he and all you guys did. A translation is not just a Fan-made work. The people will play this work from yours for decades, for example the SNES and other old platforms games Fan-made translations. Great classics that was forgotten and unknown by many people who now love them. You will be history.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse