Hacking [Suggestion] PS4 Bundles & Firmware List

bigwillyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 5.05 exploit is ONLY for 5.05 firmware thats why its 5.05
What I mean is if for example I stay on 4.55, and I jail break it, then I still have to do the jailbreak again anytime I turn it off and then on again?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

lordkramGB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I mean is if for example I stay on 4.55, and I jail break it, then I still have to do the jailbreak again anytime I turn it off and then on again?

Yes even if you stay on 4.55 you still need to run the exploit every time you power cycle your PS4

bigwillyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this because the ps4 rooting scene is still kind of new? What would it take to do a perma root instead of a temp root? What is needed?

Waster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well had a bit of a result today, but puts me in a massive dilemma...
PS4 pro white bought from Argos WITH ronaldo on the back, expected it to be on 5.50, turned out it’s actually on 4.73!!
Was originally going to use the pro for online and PSN etc, and my 5.07 for all my jailbroken stuff, but now I don’t know what to do whether to keep this pro on 5.05 and upgrade the slim to play online.
What would you guys do?

Did it have any serial number on the box? I went looking at pros today and all of them, white and black, had Ronaldo on the box.

aqlp091

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Snagged my PS4 PRO CUH-7015B B01X in Canada at The Source back in May when it was tough to find one < 4.55.

P-27452401-7
S-01-6476XXX-K
MC9647XXXX
FW 4.07

Still a few of these models available but only in certain stores - old stock. Can't post links yet but the Web ID/SKU is 108061027.

Other newer units available < 5.05.

happy hunting

bigwillyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As fun as it was when I had a ps3 rooted and running snes emulators. It's just not worth it to me if I have to keep rooting it every time I turn it on. I will wait a little longer to see if anything permanent comes out but if not I will just keep it stock and update it

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As fun as it was when I had a ps3 rooted and running snes emulators. It's just not worth it to me if I have to keep rooting it every time I turn it on. I will wait a little longer to see if anything permanent comes out but if not I will just keep it stock and update it

I think you don't understand that after the initial setup running the exploit on reboot takes a matter of seconds with a few button presses, you don't have to redo the entire setup process over again.

Also, and I'm not sure if this works with the current exploit, but previously the exploit will persist through sleep mode, meaning that you don't even have to run the exploit again unless you completely power down the system.

Last edited by TheRealNGB,
Reactions: PR0r

obidion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone
I'm trying to get my hands on 5.05 or lower firmware in uk on ps4 pro. Ordered one in black from Argos but after reading posts above-decided to cancel order. Recently there were two bundles reintroduced in major retailers shops- god of war limited edition at game com or co uk and fifa18 on amazon with picture of FIFA18 bundle on it - if picture is of actual product. Does anyone has experience with them? Aren't they remakes of batches with new firmware in it? Please share your opinion...:)

Last edited by obidion,
Reactions: Jiehfeng

bigwillyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you don't understand that after the initial setup running the exploit on reboot takes a matter of seconds with a few button presses, you don't have to redo the entire setup process over again.

Also, and I'm not sure if this works with the current exploit, but previously the exploit will persist through sleep mode, meaning that you don't even have to run the exploit again unless you completely power down the system.
No. I get that part. But its the fact of having to do it every time. I don't know maybe I was just spoiled by the ps3 and android Phones. Maybe I was expecting too much too soon?

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I get that part. But its the fact of having to do it every time. I don't know maybe I was just spoiled by the ps3 and android Phones. Maybe I was expecting too much too soon?

Yeah, it's not really worth crippling a perfectly good ps4 to run a couple of old emulators if that is your only reason for exploiting it.

bigwillyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And honestly, it is. All I was gonna do was put snes 9x and retroarch or whatever, and load up ps1, ps2 and snes roms. It's the only thing I did with the ps3, aside from loading up cracked games

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Hello everyone
I'm trying to get my hands on 5.05 or lower firmware in uk on ps4 pro. Ordered one in black from Argos but after reading posts above-decided to cancel order. Recently there were two bundles reintroduced in major retailers shops- god of war limited edition at game com or co uk and fifa18 on amazon with picture of FIFA18 bundle on it - if picture is of actual product. Does anyone has experience with them? Aren't they remakes of batches with new firmware in it? Please share your opinion...:)

I want to know too. People have reported the GoW edition is 4.55 or something, but I don't know if those units were of the UK region. I'm planning on buying one too, so I'm afraid I will receive some sort of newer edition that has it updated, cause the China and HK models of GoW definitely have 5.50, I know that for a fact.

Reactions: obidion

obidion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to know too. People have reported the GoW edition is 4.55 or something, but I don't know if those units were of the UK region. I'm planning on buying one too, so I'm afraid I will receive some sort of newer edition that has it updated, cause the China and HK models of GoW definitely have 5.50, I know that for a fact.
Yes, but FIFA18 is now one year old- GOW edition was released after 5.50 has been released - just trying to find out if they do new batches or if it's still old stock transferred from somewhere else:) or returns updated by Sony and repacked... heard from game store that it is unlikely but don't think they know for sure...

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Yes, but FIFA18 is now one year old- GOW edition was released after 5.50 has been released - just trying to find out if they do new batches or if it's still old stock transferred from somewhere else:) or returns updated by Sony and repacked... heard from game store that it is unlikely but don't think they know for sure...

If the FIFA18 bundle is just a bundle, not a limited edition, then it's likely there would be newer variants with an updated console. With God of War however, I think they stopped the production of these as they're out of stock in the US/UK, so it's less likely to have a over 5.05 variant. But hey, this is all speculation sadly. If we want answers we may have to wait for quite a while, many of the questions here go unanswered and more keep popping up in this thread.

obidion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the FIFA18 bundle is just a bundle, not a limited edition, then it's likely there would be newer variants with an updated console. With God of War however, I think they stopped the production of these as they're out of stock in the US/UK, so it's less likely to have a over 5.05 variant. But hey, this is all speculation sadly. If we want answers we may have to wait for quite a while, many of the questions here go unanswered and more keep popping up in this thread.
Yes, I mean it is a bundle, possibly limited edition due to the packing but console is still black. The difference in looking into is that that it is not just pro black with games added at the side but box with FIFA18 picture on the front... item has been shipped - hope that I will find out before I open a box... still not sure if it comes as on the picture... that will come much easier to print out new copies then console with graphics on it... anyone reading it and ordered one of amazon uk as well- please share your findings...

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I can confirm that PS4 Pro CUH-7116B B0Y1
with numbers
4-724-129-0
4-724-130-0
4-724-131-0
Are all with 4.73 firmware probably lower numbers got same or lower FW
I got 4-724-129-0 and 4-724-131-0
129 i got 2 months ago and 131 today

I think all God Of War EU PS4 Pro versions are 5.05 or lower limited edition ones are all 5.05 got this info from a friend that works in a PC store here in my country (Bulgaria)

Last edited by LyuboA,
Reactions: Jiehfeng

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4