Suddenly everyone cares about Paul Walker

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by WiiCube_2013, Apr 18, 2015.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    During the time Furious 8 was the most popular movie on theatres they'd bring up Paul Walker as "great actor", "my idol" and "we love you". I mean, I'm not gonna hate on the guy obviously but his movies just weren't really that good and his acting was sub-par to be "great". Plus, "my idol" whomever believes they'd want to be like Paul Walker would regret their decision later.

I know they just brought him up to sell the fuck out of Furious 8 but they should have more respect for the dead.

Adam Sandler makes piece of shit movies but when he acts, he's actually quite good (Punch Drunk Love & Funny People).

P.S.: Brick Mansions was a mediocre remake of Banlieue 13 and if it weren't for Paul Walker then it'd probably have gone straight to DVD.

Nightwish likes this.
  2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I didn't even know who Paul Walker was before the whole Furious Jimmy Rustling thing. Now I know how he looked like. And that he was in Fast & Furious. And that's about it.

2Hack, WiiCube_2013 and Black-Ice like this.
  3. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Who's Paul Walker? family of Johnnie Walker - the Whiskey?

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  4. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    Fast and furious movies have the worst history ever!!!! But the special effects and cars are awesome

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  5. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I stopped watching F&F after the third movie, well, I did watch F&F4 but that felt like some action adventure w/heists movie that little to do with the actual franchise.

Rizzorules likes this.
  6. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    Every actor in the industry is first of all lucky to pass the audition and hit the jackpot, saying that his acting is "sub-par" or brilliant or whatever is a matter of opinion.

I do agree that they use his name to make more money that's for sure, Vin Diesel is the one who especially disappointed me with his whole "F7 is for Paul Walker and F8 is from Paul Walker", such complete BS, yeah, right, no one sees that the movie grossed 1 billion $ in 2 weeks, their highest grossing movie yet, none of the previous movies came even CLOSE to what this one is going to be, it's only 2 weeks in, in another 2 weeks it'll probably be 2 billion or close to it.

Finally Vin Diesel can take on the leading role and the plot will probably revolve purely around him.

7. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
    Did people make a big deal when Robin Williams killed himself? No.

8. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Uh, yes they did?

As for Paul Walker, his death is a really old news story that I guess has been revitalized by Fast & Furious 7. He was a known actor but not an A-lister. If you're into muscle car culture, (which includes a couple of US sub-demographics, def not the nerd demographic here though), then you probably thought Paul Walker was a household name. Not into cars myself.

9. Vahnyyz

Vahnyyz GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2007
    United States
    Branford Fl
    wasn't it a "big deal" for that last night at the museum movie?

10. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    They did. It was all in the news and how the actor has greatly influenced most people's childhood and other things like that.

zoogie likes this.
  11. GhostLatte

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I should have worded my post better. All that I mean is that people are still talking about Paul Walker's death and not really Robin William's death anymore.

12. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    Yes and some people asked nintendo to call Robin williams to a character in the next Zelda game
    You are right but that happens everytime a new famous person dies like Michael Jackson or Amy winehouse

13. GhostLatte

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    True, but I feel that Paul Walker's death is only talked about because of Vin Diesel.

14. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    "Everyone cares about Paul Walker"

Actually I don't know even one person that gives a fuck about Paul Walker, too much publicity and shit going on in the media perhaps, but nobody fucking cares.

15. Chiejina

Chiejina GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2011
    United States
    I'd have to disagree with that. Many people watch the fast and furious movies. Might not be the greatest story line but they are fun as hell and that's what he gained massive fame from. Many people love the characters and by default start loving the actor themselves. On top of that, He seemed like a great person in general and proof to that was stories that came after his death.

It was hard to hate the guy and he delivered his roles well. He was the lead in a series that spanned 7 movies. I think its enough for people to notice him. I found out about his death when watching a movie. Not gonna lie, i was bummed out and couldn't really finish it. Its just some people don't deserve the cards they're dealt. He was definitely one of my favorite actors.

16. GhostLatte

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    That's true. Robin Williams has been a lot more movies that Paul Walker and has been an iconic figure since my childhood. Without the Fast and Furious series, I doubt people would be talking about Paul Walker.

17. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Never watched a F&F movie, not interested regardless of who is in it. I mean, the closest to having interest in watching it is Jason Statham, not even The Rock (as a lapsed wrestling fan) drew me in. So Paul Walker's death never affected me personally, but it's a shame nonetheless. It typically happens for a dead celebrity to suddenly get so much love and adoration, even being idolized, just because they died.