Hacking Sudden "System Update Availalbe" message and failed Band Her

amph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have softmod 4.2e, USB Loader GX / Neo Gamma R7 IOS249 (Rev)14. No preloader but I am using bootmii as boot2.

(Update: Band Hero was not working, now is thanks to using USB Loader GX and buying a HDD.)

I've noticed that when I try to play GH5 or GH Greatest Hits (both original discs) the disc channel has the "Syetem Update Available" message. My other original discs do not have this problem.

I thought that I had played these originals since modding my wii but could be wrong, though I'm 99% certain that I have played at least GH5 since modding.

Any advice here? For obvious reasons I do not want to update as it is requesting but at the same time, I want to play my games.

The most important thing right now is to get GH5 and Greatest Hits working. I do not want to use a preloader if it can be helped.

PS. I have tried to search for answers but am getting highly confused. Please help!

dronefire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had pretty good luck running games through the latest rev of Gecko. Basically just load Homebrew Channel, run Gecko OS (1.92 I think is the latest, could be 1.93, not at home to check...) and click on load game. It should override the system update and load your game for you. Had to do that with my retail copy of NSMB Wii until my USB Loader was updated.

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
Don`t update, and i don`t know how to fix the Band Hero problem
frown.gif
sorry

amph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, Band Hero is working now through my HDD and USB Loader GX.

GH5 and GH:Greatest Hits are still showing the "System Update Available" picture and can't be played through disc channel.

Should I be trying to load these Original discs through something other than disc channel or is there something else that I have failed to do?

Any more help/ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd use something like Startpatch assuming you are on 4.1 or 4.2. You can install a hack to make your Wii ignore updates that way. If the game then doesn't work, you're probably missing an IOS, which you could install with something like DOP-IOS.

amph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Emeraldman94 said:
Dude just use USB Loader GX to load your Disc.

I tried this but it doesn't work. Just getting a black screen. Thanks for trying though.

Might try and find out if i'm missing a cIOS before I go down the Gecko route as don't really want more apps/channels.

amph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok (some) success at last!

Using USB Loader GX I have changed the Disc settings to IOS 222 and 002 fix enabled and it works.

I still see "System Update Available" in the disc channel and cannot get this to disappear.

I'm usually a sane person but the urge to just run the update is unreal!

But I'll abstain.

EDIT: Now my totally legitimate DLC wont work on GH5 but works on World Tour!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination