Hacking Successfully dumped WiiU EMMC nand with hardmod.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Where do these diagrams come from? I have a shitty soldering iron and lifted two solder points from the board. Are there any alternative solder points?
If you're like me and lifted one of the important ones in a way that means you can't get a connection to the eMMC, enjoy your brick. I messed up CLK after trying to cut it (why tf is that the advice we're giving people?) and after a bit of searching I couldn't find another point between the recommended pad and the eMMC.
If you can still hook up to the motherboard side, you may be able to recover this with an existing dump, though it's a ridiculous idea I had after ruining my board...

Reactions: GraFfiX420

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I soldered everything up according to these pics leeful posted earlier. There wasn't any instructions on these diagrams for where to solder gnd on the teensy so I just attached it to a ground point.

When I plug the teensy into my computer I don't get any detection. It doesn't ask for drivers or nothing. I even tried powering on the Wii U while it was connected. Nothing.

01-Board-Pinout_1.jpg

03-teensy-SBE_1.jpg

Last edited by Kafluke,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does your teensy work on its own with nothing connected to it? Have you installed the drivers and loaded the teensy with the correct hex program.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your teensy work on its own with nothing connected to it? Have you installed the drivers and loaded the teensy with the correct hex program.
So I should see it detect even if nothing is soldered to the teensy? No it doesn't.

I tested it straight from the packaging with a USB cable and it didn't detect in windows. Device manager stands still when plugging and unplugging. Tried 3 different cables. Tried 2 diff computers and all USB ports.

Tested again after soldering the voltage regulator and cutting the trace. Same result.

I can't install drivers if it doesn't detect

Last edited by Kafluke,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does the LED flash on the teensy when it is plugged into the pc? Maybe you need to install the USB serial drivers first.

It's been a while since I set mine up but I'll ty and help. Try looking at these sites here and here.
First make sure your teensy is working properly by loading the LED blink programs on it with the 'Teensy Loader' program.

When you know how to load programs onto the teensy then use the NANDway_SignalBoosterEdition.hex with the WiiU. (You will need to know which port your teensy is running on.)

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I should see it detect even if nothing is soldered to the teensy? No it doesn't.

I tested it straight from the packaging with a USB cable and it didn't detect in windows. Device manager stands still when plugging and unplugging. Tried 3 different cables. Tried 2 diff computers and all USB ports.

Tested again after soldering the voltage regulator and cutting the trace. Same result.

I can't install drivers if it doesn't detect

Did you flash the bootloader to it? It seems like I needed to do that before the teensy was detected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the LED flash on the teensy when it is plugged into the pc? Maybe you need to install the USB serial drivers first.

It's been a while since I set mine up but I'll ty and help. Try looking at these sites here and here.
First make sure your teensy is working properly by loading the LED blink programs on it with the 'Teensy Loader' program.

When you know how to load programs onto the teensy then use the NANDway_SignalBoosterEdition.hex with the WiiU. (You will need to know which port your teensy is running on.)
awesome, I'll try this and report back. Missed your post for some reason.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I desoldered every wire from the teensy and then tried plugging it in. No dice. I double checked the voltage regulator. Here's the one I soldered on:
https://www.digikey.com/product-det...CP1825S-1802E-DB/MCP1825S-1802E-DB-ND/1636132

Everything checks there too. No lights on the teensy, no detection in windows. I tried running the loader and it tells me to push the button but it still doesn't detect. Weird.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally ordered the wrong teensy at first. I didn't get the signal booster edition. Just regular 2.0. I just plugged that into my computer and it lit up perfectly. Did I do something wrong when I soldered the voltage regulator?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I few things you could try:

Install the usb serial driver here. Or/and install the Arduino and Teensyduino software here.

Desolder the regulator and solder the pads back together(the ones on either side of the track that was cut) to see if the regulator was at fault.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I few things you could try:

Install the usb serial driver here. Or/and install the Arduino and Teensyduino software here.

Desolder the regulator and solder the pads back together(the ones on either side of the track that was cut) to see if the regulator was at fault.
Yeah I'll try that next. I have the USB virtual serial drivers and they work with the non signal booster teensy that I have.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking again at the link for the regulator you used and it says in the description that it is rated at 1.8V. Thats could be why it was not being detected.
This one here should work as it is a 3.3v regulator.

Reactions: GraFfiX420

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
I'm going to dump the NAND of my Kiosk Unit this way. But I'd like to know if this "cut track here" only refers to the removal of resistor 26 or if I should also cut the track beneath it. (Why is there even a track beneath the resistor?)
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/01-jpg.74847/

And what's the name of these connectors utilized here?
http://gbatemp.net/attachments/02-jpg.74848/

EDIT: I have ordered a bunch of Arduino/Raspberry Pi jumper cables (m2m) and a solder less circuit board.
But still, I'd like to have the first question answered..

Last edited by CosmoCortney,
Reactions: pelago

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got the correct voltage regulator and the correct soldering iron tip. However, I can't get the Teensy to load the drivers in windows. When I load the serial drivers I get this message:

driver_zpsz7tbshca.png

So when I plug in the Teensy++ 2.0 the light on it starts to blink. When I press the button this shows up in device manager.

teensy%20dm_zpso0jq7adp.png

Any ideas? I have a Teensy 2.0 (non ++) and it just detects and works find when I press the button. I've tried on two different Win10 computers. Did I get a bum Teensy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/tP_4p2-HkOo?si=YA0-tpAzP26E-P66