Hacking Successfully dumped WiiU EMMC nand with hardmod.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Your best bet is to use single strand kynar wire. search ebay for "kynar mod wire"

You will have nothing but problems if you do not have a clean strong joint.
got it all soldered. pass through tested with a multimeter. for some reason win32diskmanager doesn't recognize the drive when the sd is inserted.
EDIT: the Wii U's Power LED alternating flashes blue and red. is this because the CLK track is cut?

Is there another point on the MB where I can test the CLK passthrough?
EDIT2: It now only flashes blue

Last edited by CosmoCortney,

Anonyamalious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
got it all soldered. pass through tested with a multimeter. for some reason win32diskmanager doesn't recognize the drive when the sd is inserted.
EDIT: the Wii U's Power LED alternating flashes blue and red. is this because the CLK track is cut?

Is there another point on the MB where I can test the CLK passthrough?
EDIT2: It now only flashes blue

I was getting blinking blue light too after I fixed a joint, could mean short. After I desoldered everything it became solid again and the optical drive boots.

CosmoCortney

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
@Leeful got it dumped :)
It was a weird procedure. Got the Logilink SD card reader. As I turned on the Wii U it sometimes told me the directorynames cannot be read or that no action can be performed.
Then I rebooted my computer while the SD card was still connected. The computer was stuck in a loop at the Acer logo. As I powered the Wii U back on it the computer booted up and I could dump it :)
Now I will go for SLC

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Leeful got it dumped :)
It was a weird procedure. Got the Logilink SD card reader. As I turned on the Wii U it sometimes told me the directorynames cannot be read or that no action can be performed.
Then I rebooted my computer while the SD card was still connected. The computer was stuck in a loop at the Acer logo. As I powered the Wii U back on it the computer booted up and I could dump it :)
Now I will go for SLC
Great to hear you got it working. :)
It looks like it is very fussy about which card readers work with it. It was the same on the 3DS, Especially the New3DS.

You probably already know but Kafluke has compiled all the needed steps from this thread into a great guide for the WiiU hardmod here. That will make dumping your SLC much easier.

Last edited by Leeful,

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

Maybe it's a stupid question but someone I know dumped his 5.5.1 NAND but accidentaly update to 5.5.2 when WiiU get back to system. Question is simple : is that hardmod allow us to restaure any NAND dump ? Even a 5.5.1 dump over a 5.5.2 NAND please ? (I mean his own dump naturally) Or this will be limited to an equal or superior NAND version ?

aut0mat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you dump back EMMC and NAND it should probably work - has to be proofed ;)
But transferring Dumps between different consoles is not possible

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That was I thought concerning origin of dump, that's why I specified it was his own dump ^^

So theoretically it should works, but nobody tried it this far ?

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,

Maybe it's a stupid question but someone I know dumped his 5.5.1 NAND but accidentaly update to 5.5.2 when WiiU get back to system. Question is simple : is that hardmod allow us to restaure any NAND dump ? Even a 5.5.1 dump over a 5.5.2 NAND please ? (I mean his own dump naturally) Or this will be limited to an equal or superior NAND version ?
Please wait, a method to install haxchi on 5.5.2 is coming soon...hardmod downgrade is almost impossible.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-have-a-question-to-5-5-2-update.477983/#post-7458493

Reactions: Kleyon

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Leeful @Tommy084 @Kafluke does someone of you possible know a guide on how to set up my teensy (windows side)?
It's all soldered on the board now but I can't find any well explained information on how to program my teensy and start dumping.

The programming instructions are in my unbrick guide. Along with all the links to the software needed

CosmoCortney

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
The programming instructions are in my unbrick guide. Along with all the links to the software needed
Took me a while to find it. Sorry. For some reason I don't have "Ports" listed on my device manager.
But I have found this information about my Teensy:
upload_2017-7-20_23-14-10.png

Does Port_#0004 refer to the COM Port?

CosmoCortney

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
Took me a while to find it. Sorry. For some reason I don't have "Ports" listed on my device manager.
View attachment 93375
yes, its on port4. But I keep getting this error:
upload_2017-7-20_23-32-34.png

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 93375
Did you load the serial drivers? If you have it installed correctly there will be a USB serial device and a second device under ports

CosmoCortney

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
Did you load the serial drivers? If you have it installed correctly there will be a USB serial device and a second device under ports
As I powered on the Wii U and plugged it back in I got pop up messages saying that a PS3 modding device has been installed. Now I can also see the Teensy under the described branch on the Device Manager. But the error is still the same

aut0mat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Look at device Manger/Serial(com) Ports to figure out on which Com Port your Teensy is available.
You figured out (screenshot) on which physical Port (USB Port #4) your Teensy is plugged in which is probably not the Serial Port the Driver provides ;)

CosmoCortney

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
Look at device Manger/Serial(com) Ports to figure out on which Com Port your Teensy is available.
You figured out (screenshot) on which physical Port (USB Port #4) your Teensy is plugged in which is probably not the Serial Port the Driver provides ;)
It is COM Port 4. As I powered on the Wii U i could find the "Ports" entry in the device manager and it says COM4

CosmoCortney

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
You don't have the serial python module
Run
pip install pyserial
If you don't have pip, run this python script first: https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py
installed it. for some reason the wii u doesn'T turn on anymore. the LED stays red

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nvm.
attempting to dump it results in this error:
upload_2017-7-21_14-19-28.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday