Success of Dolphin running on your Android device.

Discussion in 'Android' started by Nerdtendo, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Nerdtendo
    OP

Nerdtendo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Hey guys. I've been researching a lot on how people are using Dolphin on their Android devices. I downloaded it on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and got playable (but not perfect) results. I have the Snapdragon 835 processor by the way. I've attached a little bit of me playing Super Mario Sunshine and was wondering how well you guys got dolphin running on your AndroidOS devices. P.S. sorry for the small screen. I used a free recording app. EDIT: I just realized that show FPS was off. Whenever I turned it on and wasn't recording, it hung out at about 21 FPS

Last edited by Nerdtendo, Aug 1, 2017
    Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  2. 1vanchom

1vanchom Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2014
    well... I use a xperia z5 compact... it uses snapdragon 810 (you know... the one that burns a lot and is like 40% less powerful than snapdragon 835)

there are many old gamecube games that can be played at "kind of stable" 60fps like digimon rumble arena 2... mario party 4 and 5 (didn't try 6 and 7) also super smash bros brawl is full playable (I don't know why smash bros melee didn't run at full speed)...

other games like TLoZ TP runs at full speed in dungeons... but in the outsides it runs at 5fps...

I am really impressed with the actual emulation of dolphin in android... maybe waiting a couple of years... the next gen smartphones will handle all the games at full speed...

3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Been trying the nightly builds, not much improvements, and I use Nvidia Shield tv, It has a Tegra X1 by the way. Can just nearly play sonic adventure 2 battle, tough the dreamcast emulator Reicast R7 works a lot better and faster (minus some graphic problems)

4. JellyPerson

JellyPerson GBATemp certified Gorillaz Fan

Jul 26, 2017
    United States
    that place full of lurkers
    i got a shield tv too, so i fiddled with the settings for a while, now i can play mkw at 1080p with 60 fps. cool.

5. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    fyi, Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T230NU isn't 64 bit, so no go here *sigh*

6. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    A Dolphin emulator for Android? Sweet. I doubt it'll run at a decent framerate on my phone (PSP hardly can) but worth a try just to see it running. :P