Android Success of Dolphin running on your Android device.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I've been researching a lot on how people are using Dolphin on their Android devices. I downloaded it on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and got playable (but not perfect) results. I have the Snapdragon 835 processor by the way. I've attached a little bit of me playing Super Mario Sunshine and was wondering how well you guys got dolphin running on your AndroidOS devices. P.S. sorry for the small screen. I used a free recording app. EDIT: I just realized that show FPS was off. Whenever I turned it on and wasn't recording, it hung out at about 21 FPS

Last edited by Nerdtendo,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

1vanchom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well... I use a xperia z5 compact... it uses snapdragon 810 (you know... the one that burns a lot and is like 40% less powerful than snapdragon 835)

there are many old gamecube games that can be played at "kind of stable" 60fps like digimon rumble arena 2... mario party 4 and 5 (didn't try 6 and 7) also super smash bros brawl is full playable (I don't know why smash bros melee didn't run at full speed)...

other games like TLoZ TP runs at full speed in dungeons... but in the outsides it runs at 5fps...

I am really impressed with the actual emulation of dolphin in android... maybe waiting a couple of years... the next gen smartphones will handle all the games at full speed...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been trying the nightly builds, not much improvements, and I use Nvidia Shield tv, It has a Tegra X1 by the way. Can just nearly play sonic adventure 2 battle, tough the dreamcast emulator Reicast R7 works a lot better and faster (minus some graphic problems)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

A Dolphin emulator for Android? Sweet. I doubt it'll run at a decent framerate on my phone (PSP hardly can) but worth a try just to see it running. :P

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello team,

Just to share my experience with Dolphin Emulator for Android plus connecting it to an external screen:

After a lot of tests and different devices to make the OnePlus 6 be connected to a screen while it is being charged, my conclusion is that the best combination is the following:
- Screen Mirroring through a Google Chromecast: the performance is kind of the same compared to just play in the OnePlus 6 itself.

Here you can find the evidences:

OnePlus 6 and Dolphin Emulator - Mario Kart - Mirroring with ChromeCast Test:

OnePlus 6 and Dolphin Emulator - Smash Bros - Mirroring with ChromeCast Test:

PS: I am not able to put the link of the video properly as I don't have 10 posts. Just put both parts together with youtube.com/ and you will get the video link.

Hope it helps!

Best regards

Eipok

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit