Stupid question I'm sure...

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by DGenerateKane, Jun 19, 2013.

1. DGenerateKane
    OP

DGenerateKane GBAtemp Fan

Jul 18, 2009
    United States
    How do I make sure DS games save? I'm not talking about real time saves, I'm talking about when you use the game's actual save feature. I was playing Super Mario 64 DS and every time I collected a star I chose save and continue. I'm not sure how I exited the game, but apparently it was the wrong way as the next time I loaded it there wasn't a save file so I had to start over. There is a save now so apparently the last time I played I exited correctly, of course I don't remember how I did it that time either. :/ So, how is the proper way to exit to ensure it will save? I will use the real time saves as well, but I'd like to be sure and have the game's save as well.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Modern flash carts have no issues with saving, it works just the way it would on a real cart.

What flash cart model, exactly?

3. DGenerateKane
    OP

Jul 18, 2009
    United States
    I'm using the Supercard DSTwo, with firmware 1.19. I haven't played any DS games since, so I can't say if the issue persists.

4. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    Thats... really wierd, try saving again with other games and see if using Real Time saves works too. Maybe the folder is read-only or something?

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Take a picture of your MicroSD, if you can. A lot of the ones from Chinese and import shops (and ebay) are fake and don't hold the data they say they do.

6. DGenerateKane
    OP

Jul 18, 2009
    United States
    It must be a fluke. I've been playing Mario Kart DS and it is saving fine, except once when the game froze, the save must have become corrupted as it acted like I'd never played before, so I loaded a RTS. As for the microsd card, I'm sure it's legit as I got it directly from amazon in their frustration free packaging. I doubt they would have fake cards in their inventory.

7. DSTWO Guy

DSTWO Guy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012
    Canada
    To check that your game saved properly, go to the games main menu and see if the save game is there. Use real time save for a "Back-up" just in case it didn't save. for future problems