Stupid question about non jailbroken ps4 updates, demos, dlc etc.

dude1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this sounds super retarded or if it’s been answered a billion times before
i know it's said that you can only play games that are on a jailbroken firmware or older so nothing 9.03+ Until a new jailbreak is found … why?

The thing I’m curious about is for example update files, why can’t The files modified in an update be used on a hacked older executable.

For example.
We know a lot of games you can take PC mods and use them on consoles with PS4, hacked Xbox 360s, switch etc.
Could we not take the latest update files other than the executable from PC or something and them replace older copies of said file to act like a mod?

another thing I thought of is for example I know Elden ring has been confirmed to be 9.03 but the network test is able to work off-line with jailbroken consoles.

what’s stopping someone from taking the Content files from the final release and using them with the executable from the network test.
Similar bypasses and that have been done on the PC for certain games converting demos to real games,

I’m sure there are plenty of reasons why this is a stupid concept.
But I’m not sure the specific reasons For the PS4 specifically because like I say there have been times with other platforms that similar things can be done but it never seems to happen with the PS4 why is that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)