Stupid DVDs!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by dinofan01, Feb 10, 2010.

Feb 10, 2010

Stupid DVDs!!! by dinofan01 at 2:12 AM (954 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. dinofan01
    OP

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Okay heres my problem. For some reason when ever I put a disc into my DVD drive, my computer detects it as an empty disc. No matter if its a retail movie DVD or a program. I can't launch becasue its just asks what I want to write onto it. I avoided the problem with movies by launching the movie through windows media player but now I have a program I need to launch and can't. Its some stupid program for my psychology class and I cant do anything. Any advice would be nice. Thank you.

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    First, attempt to update the drive's firmware (look up the EXACT model# for your drive, then go to the manufacturer's website to find a firmware for it). If that doesn't fix it, it's most likely the laser in your drive died.

3. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Is it just autorun that is messed up, or can you actually not browse the contents of the dvd?

4. dinofan01
    OP

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Rayder you son of a b-!!! I could just make sweet passionate love to you right now! The drivers were the problem. I've never had to update hardware drivers so I never really thought about it. Thanks again rayder!