Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay heres my problem. For some reason when ever I put a disc into my DVD drive, my computer detects it as an empty disc. No matter if its a retail movie DVD or a program. I can't launch becasue its just asks what I want to write onto it. I avoided the problem with movies by launching the movie through windows media player but now I have a program I need to launch and can't. Its some stupid program for my psychology class and I cant do anything. Any advice would be nice. Thank you.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, attempt to update the drive's firmware (look up the EXACT model# for your drive, then go to the manufacturer's website to find a firmware for it). If that doesn't fix it, it's most likely the laser in your drive died.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
First, attempt to update the drive's firmware (look up the EXACT model# for your drive, then go to the manufacturer's website to find a firmware for it). If that doesn't fix it, it's most likely the laser in your drive died.
Rayder you son of a b-!!! I could just make sweet passionate love to you right now! The drivers were the problem. I've never had to update hardware drivers so I never really thought about it. Thanks again rayder!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye