stupid 3n1 question

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by nando, Jan 17, 2008.

1. nando
    OP

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    i'm using dstt along with a 3n1 and i've been running games just fine. i was under the impression that i should back up the previous game save before loading up a new game but so far it's remembered my location in different games without a sav file.

so my question is, how long would this typically last before i actually lose a save? or how often should i backup the .sav files?

2. PBC

PBC What!? I can change this??

Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    New York
    From what I remember you are supposed to back up your GBA saves from the 3-1 to your slot 1 EVERYTIME before you load a new GBA game on it. I was under the impression that once you transfer a new GBA to the 3-1 it acts to make a save file for that game and writes over your previous save file for the game you had on before...

Maybe I am wrong....but I don't know so...and just to get this right do you have multiple GBA games on it at once??

3. nando
    OP

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    currently on sram i have these game saves; link to the past, mario vs donkey kong, space invaders and gradius galaxies and they all work every time i load up the game but i do only have the option to back up the previously played game or the entire sram in a bin file - which i'm assuming would contain all of the saves i never backed up.

i'm just wondering how many saves can i keep in sram and for how long.

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    What software are you using to manage the 3-in-1?

Regardless of which program you are using, it should automatically write the save data to a .sav file whenever you load a different game. You should not need to back up the saves manually.