Stuck in Luma3DS without NAND backups

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by hmd9885, Aug 21, 2016.

1. hmd9885
    OP

hmd9885 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello everyone,
    I'm sorry to start off like this but I seem to be at the end of my wits.

I tried setting up A9LH with Luma3DS accoring to https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Browser-OTP . Unfortunately I made some mistakes.

I started off with a 2.1.0-4E firmware and misread the update chart thinking I only needed to perform the Browser OTP without any upgrade to my firmware.

I have thus only executed the steps involving the FBI injection and the arm9loaderhex septup so right now, I have the A9LH installed and Luma booting. I am also able to enter the Luma options as well as applications running from the Luma payload but without 9.X NAND backups.

I cannot boot to the normal 3DS menu, so I am wondering if it is possible to somehow alter an emuNAND without getting into the menu or reverting everything to factory reset (no changes to the 2.1.0-4 prior to the A9LH setup except for profile and date).

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

2. godofwrath

godofwrath GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    you can use your arm9loaderhax setup with the payload for decrypt9, dump your hs.app and create the fbi altered version to install the other things you need.

Unless I completely misread, then I'll read over it again if my assumption is incorrect.

edit: follow part 4 section 2 of the guide.

Last edited by godofwrath, Aug 21, 2016
  3. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    What firmware are you on exactly? And n3ds or o3ds?

4. hmd9885
    OP

hmd9885 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I'm sorry, I must be really dense right now. I executed that part, Decrypt9 showed me it was successful. But how do I start FBI from Luma/Decrypt9?

I started off with a 2.1.0-4E on an O3DS. Since I never upgraded, the firmware should still be the same.

5. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Okay, make sure you have everything possible (nand backup, OTP.bin, everything else from the one-click setup, etc.) all in a safe place. You are going to have to uninstall a9lh using safea9lhinstaller or whatever its called, and update. Follow the 2.x.x guides (the middle column) that is here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

6. hmd9885
    OP

hmd9885 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I feel like a proper idiot with the a9lh uninstall being just a press of a button. -.-

I am back on the original firmware and everything boots fine. I will stay off the CFW installation for now and do some proper reading first before attempting again.

Thanks a lot for your help, everyone.

7. godofwrath

godofwrath GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    you just needed to open your health and safety app from your 3ds screen from where you were at to then install fbi.cia and whatever?

8. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    No cfw can boot a nand that is on 2.x. They will have to update their nand without cfw to actually do anything

9. godofwrath

godofwrath GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    oh right he was on 2.x? yeah see I didn't read that far down, no emunand high enough to restore, gotcha

10. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Official depressed pikachu

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    Could have just used SafeA9LHInstaller to install the non-SD boot payload and boot without sd, after that insert the sd and do a cart update

11. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Still can't boot. The no-SD version still loads a CFW, only it's stored in the NAND.

ih8ih8sn0w likes this.
  12. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Official depressed pikachu

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    Aahhhhh thanks for correcting me